History Channel's A-10 Program

Will be on Friday night. It seems that the gentleman who had a lot to do with the design, Dr. William Curtis, lives in our county and has been here for a number of years. He's going to be featured in the program.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

What time? I'm on the Pacific coast but I don't get a paper and the local on-screen TV guide is very limited.

I love the A-10, what a great aircraft.

Reply to
SamVanga

Ha-ha! I went and checked the paper and once again they've run the story down to the end of the column and stopped in the middle of a sentence. It's supposed to be a "Modern Marvels" show but our listings don't mention any on that night. It might be the "Heavy Metal" show on at 9 PM EST. I've seen other aircraft programs in that slot on Friday nights. That will repeat at 1 AM EST or 10 PM PST your time. I think it's time I sent the newspaper another notice of their sloppiness.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

My favorite! Of course I'm biased; I used to load them.

TF

Reply to
T. Forward

You can always go to

& see the schedule. I remember way back when the "Wings" series was on Discovery. Their program on the A-10 was on the Harrier!

Reply to
famvburg

hullo bill.

lets hope that A-10A 81-978 gets a mention.

at the 1988 show at RAF Brize Norton, i got to sit in the sqn co's a/c and i'm sure it was this serial. it was from the 78th TFS 'bushmasters' and i got a nice sqn patch from the pilot as well!

t.

[who recalls bragging about this on r.a.m once in an A-10 thread several years ago! :)]
Reply to
87015

Many thanks! I will just turn it on and watch to see what comes up starting at

6 my time.

As to the paper getting its act together, good luck with that.

Reply to
SamVanga

That's good. You can also go to

and put in your zip code. You can adjust the time to plan your day. Maybe I should shut off the tv and build a model? Cheers,

Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper