Holy bejeebus! (kit size)

I had no idea this was in the works until I saw the ebay auction for it. Blew my mind! This is a huge freakin' kit! Has anyone bought or (Gods forbid) built one yet?

hill4448

I love the *idea* of these huge kits, but I would love to know where people display them. For the past couple of years I've eye-balled the Revell 1/72 Gato submarine, and have even come close to purchasing it a few times, but I'm always stopped by the fact that I have no where to display the monster once it's built.

Reply to
Pauli G

Hey, it's ~only~ a 4'5.33" wingspan, I'd put it right next to my Ertl B-36.....

Reply to
The Old Man

I'm going to put mine either on my mantle, or in one of the spaces in my bookshelf headboard...OTOH, there are two spaces in my headboard which are probably more suitable for two 1/72 Type VIIs...

Reply to
Rufus

Geez, the 1/200 kit was the same size as the 1/72 Hasegawa Emily!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Good excuse to build a pond.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

...a pond in the desert...those last about overnight, I think.

But that GATO really is of a size serious enough for an R/C system...

Reply to
Rufus