How Long to Air Out CA Glue to Avoid Fogging Clear Plastic?

getting ready to put on the bottom of the Seaview sub kit, but if I do that I will seal in a lot of CA fumes that could fog the large clear windows. How long after using the glue should I let the kit air out before I seal it up?

Craig

Reply to
Craig

In this situation I will usually put a fan on it OVERNIGHT to make SURE it doesn't fog.

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

or you could dip all your clear parts in Future first. When dry, it prevents CA fogging. My experience anyhow. Terry

In this situation I will usually put a fan on it OVERNIGHT to make SURE it doesn't fog.

-John

Reply to
terry smith

I will back up what Terry said dip it in Future and when dry it will protect the clear parts. Hub

Reply to
Hub & Diane Plott

Instead or using CA on your clear parts, use Elmer's Glue or generic white glue. Make sure the parts fit well before assembly.

T2

Reply to
THOS THOMPSON

I think he's referring to the fumes from gluing together the internal cabin assembly, not the clear housing itself.

WmB

WmB

Curious, which Seaview kit? Chris

Reply to
Chris

If you coat the clear parts with Future and use odorless (non-fogging) super glue that shouldn't be an issue. Another option would be to use five-minute epoxy instead.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

FWIW Micro-Mark sells a tube of "Watchmaker's crystal Cement" that works fine. It is clear and holds well and no attack on the plastic.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Reply to