How Long to Air Out CA Glue to Avoid Fogging Clear Plastic?

getting ready to put on the bottom of the Seaview sub kit, but if I do
that I will seal in a lot of CA fumes that could fog the large clear
windows. How long after using the glue should I let the kit air out
before I seal it up?
Craig
Reply to
Craig
In this situation I will usually put a fan on it OVERNIGHT to make SURE it doesn't fog.
-John
Reply to
Pacific95
or you could dip all your clear parts in Future first. When dry, it prevents CA fogging. My experience anyhow. Terry
In this situation I will usually put a fan on it OVERNIGHT to make SURE it doesn't fog.
-John
Reply to
terry smith
I will back up what Terry said dip it in Future and when dry it will protect the clear parts. Hub
Reply to
Hub & Diane Plott
Instead or using CA on your clear parts, use Elmer's Glue or generic white glue. Make sure the parts fit well before assembly.
T2
Reply to
THOS THOMPSON
I think he's referring to the fumes from gluing together the internal cabin assembly, not the clear housing itself.
WmB
WmB
Curious, which Seaview kit? Chris
Reply to
Chris
If you coat the clear parts with Future and use odorless (non-fogging) super glue that shouldn't be an issue. Another option would be to use five-minute epoxy instead.
Reply to
Al Superczynski
FWIW Micro-Mark sells a tube of "Watchmaker's crystal Cement" that works fine. It is clear and holds well and no attack on the plastic.
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
If there is no interior to see just paint th einside of the glas with some black or dark blue paint.
Craig wrote:
Reply to
The Model Hobbit
Polar Lights, in black plastic.
Reply to
who me?
I didn't know they had clear windows. Did you do your own interior? I built the old Lunar models kit a few years back. Had to scratch everything in the nose but the floor.
Reply to
Chris