Hull Finishing

Hi,

This is not exactly a scale question, but the boat is scale - I just want to run it RC in the water.

I just completed planking a tug. It is the Anteo from Mantua. It is double planked with limewood which I believe is close to bass wood.

Now I need to finish and water proof the hull. I am staining it and only painting it below the water line.

Do I have to fiberglass it or simply put epoxy resin on it? The instructions (in Italian) say to varnish it. If I use resin should I be using finishing resin?

All ideas and advice are welcome.

Have a Happy New Year.

Reply to
Jim C