Impressions after my first model.

Ok. So my first experience w/ finishing my mazda rx7 was somewhat of a partial disaster.

The paint on the back was too thick and although i tried to sand it, it left some unevenness to the surface.

I lost the spoiler for some unknown reason.

I did discover something useful though. Since the car's plastic was originally black and I painted it gloss red, there were parts of it that the paint didn't hit. The recesses near the doors and the underside of the car. I wanted to run it w/ more paint then I realized that this effect actually gave the car more "depth" in these areas. If I'd painted these red they would have been too bright to give the dark effect from the missed areas. At least there's something I can apply for my next model.

I'm now working on a nascar dale earnhardt, jr. monte carlo kit. This time more on airbrush and the results are beautiful! :D

Reply to
ocmorelos

Keep working on it...

Painting - go slowly. Esp. with cars. Others (who like shiny things, don't know why, they reflect light and make good targets) can give you better painting advice than I can, but expect the painting to take time and several (thin, light) coats.

Reply to
egmccann