Incredibly OT: Monty Python

I think Coronation Street is the longest continually running program(me) in the history of television, actually.

Reply to
Rufus

"As The World Turns"?

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

older than meet the press?

Reply to
someone

aka s my stomach churns and the others, the guding blight the lays of our dives...etc.

Reply to
someone

Not older maybe, but longest in continual production...and possibly in it's original format - MTP went from 30 min to 60 min in '92, looking at IMDB.

Last I heard the Guinness Book held it as the longest "continually running" broadcast television program(me) in the history of TV. It's never been canceled or interrupted in series since it's introduction.

I have no idea why they started showing it on the USA Network in the dorms back in the early 80's, but all us Python-Who-vian-Anglofiles got hooked on it, too.

Reply to
Rufus

i'll have to give a look. i don't have nearly enough obsessions or addictions.

Reply to
someone

Here... you can have some of mine... F-4 Phantoms. Spitfires. Stanier railway carriages. The science fiction novels of Alastair Reynolds and Neil Asher. Medieval English history. Astrophysics. Palaeontology. The music of Neil Young.

There! That should keep you going for some time! :-D

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

except for neil young and those 2 writers, i have those. add motorcycles, the sf writers heinlein, laumer, erb, ee smith, ALL the futurians, (asimove, clarke, bester, del ray, etc.) models, (duh) coin collecting. rock and roll records, musical instruments, computers, writing, stereo equipment, building furniture and collecting beer steins. i have several dozen more casual interests, but those are things i've exhausted knowledge of, so i moved on.

Reply to
someone

You guys have made me laugh so hard that I think it's time to go out onto the castle parapets and have a wee bit of a wee.

e:

x"

maiesm72

...didn't that castle sink into the swamp? You must have built another one...

Reply to
Rufus

"Guiding Light"? It goes back farther on radio IIRC.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Never been to Gloucester, Mass.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

neat town wrapped around a hilly harbor. has that famous statue on the shoreline of a fisherman. there's a fisherman's church that has a list of all the fisherman lost from glouster. very large list. has the perfect storm guys on it. they were glousterman. used to be a blue collar working town. still fisherman and families, but being on the water and postcard pretty, it's gotten yupped out and expensive. it's like the town of nahant now. cheap rent in the 60's-70's because it wasn't really the burbs. now everyone wants closeness to the city and seaside. so now it's really expensive.

Reply to
someone