Individual Tank Tracks....

Asked my kid to put them together for me. My 1/16 King Tiger I've had
for around 15 years is a bit closer to being done, thx to the patience
of a kid (and small fingers)
Craig
Reply to
Musicman59
Musicman59 wrote the following:
I have not yet had to assemble individual track links, but when I do, I'll follow this You Tube video. It's in Japanese, but easy to follow.
to 4:10 for the start of the track link part. It's still a bitch, but worth the effort. :-)
Reply to
willshak
: Asked my kid to put them together for me. My 1/16 King Tiger I've had : for around 15 years is a bit closer to being done, thx to the patience : of a kid (and small fingers) : Which individual track links, and in which scale? Are you referring to the 1/16 tracks? Those should be dead easy. :-)
For Fruilmodel 1/35 links, I am find with the wire in the box, plus the "appropriate" sized bit to open up any blocked passages, and smooth jaw pliers.
I never snip the wire first - get it to fit into the passage- way, then snip in about 3/8" long, so you can easily pull it later, if necessary. Use the pliers to push the wire into the passageway, and you quickly develop a feel for which passages are blocked.
I generally run lengths of 20 or so links, then assemble the short lengths into the final length. Once I am happy with the fit, I snip all the wires to the final length (flush) and use gel super glue to hold them in place.
Bruce
Reply to
Bruce Burden
yeah, they are big pieces, but with my waning interest in the hobby, and hundreds of backlogged kits, I'll do anything to move the process along. And it was something I did with my kid, which is the most important part of it all.
Craig
Reply to
Musicman59
My wife was complaining about the time and money I put in to the RC cars we run on the track. Wait till we move up to karting sending him to karting school end of august . She started off with you spent 150 on repair parts and I said that was for about 10 hours of run time which works out to less than 20 bucks and hour to spend time with the kid a lot less than the Big Time Rush charity event we went to. You think silicone fluids run in the diff and shocks would have a long life span nope about 10 to 15 hours of running before it starts to break down. This is like ground hog day modeling you clean it all up fix it and take it out run for a few hours and do it all over again.
Reply to
down_hill