Invitation to new group Scale Sailing Model Ships

I would like to invite You to new group Scale Sailing Model Ships. I would be very proud if You will join us. Best wishes Tom

This the adress of this group groups.google.com/group/scale-sailing-model-ships

Reply to
tomasz_klyszynski

You will be competing, of course, with the well-established seaways group. BTW, is the new group strictly a google group, or is it a Usenet group?

Reply to
Don Stauffer

It is a Usenet Group

Reply to
tomasz_klyszynski

No, it isn't. It's a Google Group and can only be accessed through the Google website or by email. One way to tell is by the lack of dots in the name.

USENET group viewed on Google:

Non-USENET Google Group:

Another way you can tell is to open a message and look at the headers (if using Google to read messages, click the "More options" link). Messages in USENET groups always have a "Newsgroups" header:

Newsgroups: rec.models.scale From: tomasz snipped-for-privacy@wp.pl Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 00:55:45 -0800 (PST) Local: Mon, Mar 2 2009 2:55 am Subject: Invitation to new group Scale Sailing Model Ships

Google Group messages don't have a "Newsgroups" header:

From: tomasz snipped-for-privacy@wp.pl Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 00:50:42 -0800 (PST) Local: Mon, Mar 2 2009 2:50 am Subject: New product of Shipyard

Reply to
Wayne C. Morris

if done legitly, a usenet group takes real time and effort. google takes an email.

Reply to
someone

Ok sorry my mistake I am a beginner so i dont know everything

Reply to
tomasz_klyszynski

Oh, my==Poopdeck Pappy and his crew of Turdsmugglers will be aboard in all the GAY times ahead.

Can we go sail the seven seas in seach of Whales-you know 300 pound fat chicks?

Last time I built a boat it was a wooden job, and i set fire to it in the bathtub!

YARR--thar she blows!!

Reply to
retarded1

You got that from hearing the background music while riding the Pirates of the Carribbean at Disneyland

Reply to
vbf084