Is the 1/72 XB-70 really available ?

I've only seen it at Squadron, Tower Hobbies or Great Models only list the dinky Academy 1/300 kit.

Just seems odd to only have Squadron listing it.

Holding out for Tower as they have a free shipping offer for a sale of $50 or more.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Sprue Brothers currently has 24 of them in stock at $48 each. Great Models is getting weird about getting some kits long after everyone else does. I think the Monogram 1/48 AC-47 was out at other placers for a month before they got any in.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

Tons of 'em on ebay... Most sell around $50. The old AMT kit has plummeted to a low of only $20 recently. Shoulda sold mine when the damned things wer going for $$$ and bought it back for pennies.

-andyh

Reply to
Drew Hill

thx. will check there. pretty sure those old AMT decals are shot. probably go for new and practice on my old unfinished AMT kit.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

As for the decals... Neat trick! Get some Testors gloss coat, spray a couple of thin coats on them, trim VERY close around each decal. They're as good as new!!!

Reply to
Drew Hill

I often hand paint old decals with tamiya clear. Works about 90% of the time. I've done the same with Future but with slightly less satisfactory results.

Reply to
eyeball