Is the newsgroup still up?

Is the newsgroup still up? Mine has not updated since Oct. 21. Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Dave Calhoun

Ron Smith

I see 434 messages dated oct 22 and later (not counting this one :) )

Reply to
Steve Vernon

Likely problem is with your ISP. More and more ISPs are either dropping newsgroups altogether (such as AOL) or merely not supporting it when their link to a server has problems. Mine is one of the later. The feeling is, so few of their subscribers use Usenet that it isn't worth their while to spend resources on it.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

Hey, if his newsgroup views are not updating, how is he gonna see these responses?

Reply to
Sir Ray

Google Groups

Reply to
Steve Vernon

Reply to
Dave Calhoun

snip

Exactly. That is what I do now, except for one group, rec.auto.tech that Google seems to have dropped awhile ago. For all others I do use Google groups. The interface is a bit different, but I have adapted to it.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

I think a lot of people dropped out when AOL and MSN dropped newsgroups. Most couldn't figure out how to get here. Too bad (:<

Reply to
Count DeMoney