Is the standard finish for a B-1 now dark grey?

was kicking around the idea of buying a second 1/48 Bone, but if both finishes would be dark grey, I may pass.

Other finish options for the Bone ???

thx - Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

The current is overall gunship grey, sorry but I can't remember the FS number offa the top of my head. :) If you would like to, the older finish was gunship grey/dk green on top and gunship grey/med. grey on the bottom. That actually looked really cool to me. I seem to recall, but am not sure, that at one point they were wrap around grey/green. Can anyone else confirm that or am I just being confused with the buffs?

Hope this helps!

-andyh

Reply to
hill4448

Just spent the day at Ellsworth AFB, and saw B1's flying in the pattern, as well as one on display at the museum. The display one was grey with green on top, but I think the current paint scheme is overall grey.

Reply to
Viperdoc

FS 36118 Gunship Gray. All F-15E, all current BONEs...

...and Malaysian F/A-18Ds.

Reply to
Rufus