Does anyone know this symbol?

The one in the middle.
It would answer a lot.
thanks in advance
The Keeper (of too much crap!)
Reply to
Keeper
"Re-elect Bush".
You can tell by the running feet as he tries to get the ladder to the fire. ;-)
WmB
WmB
"Third" or "third class", can also mean March (third month).
Dave
Reply to
David Graf
"man partly fallen through rotten floor"
Reply to
Guy N. LaFrance
Keeper> Does anyone know this symbol? Keeper>
Keeper> The one in the middle.
Keeper> It would answer a lot. thanks in advance Right, apart from the jokers, there was a right answer in the replies so far :-)
The 'c' in Ki-61-Ic 3-shiki...is the common English version. The character is 'Hei', and is used to mean an ordinal '3' in the alternative Japanese form of counting:
Kou Otsu Hei Tei ... (others are not commonly encountered in modeling)
Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug
Thanks! That's the answer I was hoping for. FAOW used it to refer to the Ki-61 I with the Mauser 20mm in the wings which is how it should have been designated. This version followed the Otsu and preceded the initial KAIzo model with the Ho 5 20mm cowl cannon which confusingly enough was also given the Hei designation. How do you pronounce "Hei?" Hee-i? Hyi? Hay? tia,
The Keeper (of too much crap!)
Reply to
Keeper
LOL! I was thinking dog house with circumflex.
The Keeper (of too much crap!)
Reply to
Keeper
I believe you have it with the last one but shall defer to Gernot. I used to have a book on learning Japanese but the ex- gave it to someone else who needed it more than I did. ;{
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
Mad-Modeller> Keeper wrote:
Mad-Modeller> I believe you have it with the last one but shall Mad-Modeller> defer to Gernot.
Hi there, I've been to Tokyo for a few days, seeing the GF and missing Yellow Submarine: they're gone and closed the model floor of their Shinjuku branch (the one 10 minutes walk from the minami guchi) and shifted it to their Akihabara branch. You have been warned...! I'll have to check it out at the end of the month when I visit again.
You're both right with the 'hay' pronounciation. Try looking grim as opposed to making a greeting! :-)
Cheers,
Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug
Thanks Gernot. Ko and Otsu were easy but Hei has always kept me wondering if I was pronouncing it correctly for the last coupla decades. Cheers,
The Keeper (of too much crap!)
Reply to
Keeper