Sorry...But I Have Another Dumb Question

At

it says allot of the models are "Second Hand"

Does this mean its bankrupt stock brought in from other company ?

and anyone brought any "seconds", and were they o.k. ?

Thanks

Zardos

Reply to
Zardos

Second hand generally means used,as in someone else bought it and doesn't want it anymore.Check to see if they are still sealed or you risk getting models missing pieces.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Zardos at snipped-for-privacy@my-addy.com wrote on 10/4/04 5:28 PM:

It simply means that the present owner isn't the original owner.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

Pre-owned is a good way to think of it. I buy pre-owned a lot and rarely get burned. Just ask if all the parts are there.

Ebay is a different story. When they say "looks to be complete" it means they were too lazy to take five minutes and do a parts check or count. And then they'll tell you "sold as is." Not exactly a confidence builder. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

At a recent trip to Hannants, they have a huge number of second hand kits at about 70% (IIRC) of the normal list price. The Tamiya Mossie that I bought was opened but complete.

I asked where they came from and I was told that they buy up collections in bulk.It seems that when we finally peg it, our large and un made kit collections get sold to Hannants.

David

Reply to
David Pennington

Get away, really ?

Zardos

Reply to
Zardos

PRESENTS!!! Where's my presents? I WANT MY PRESENTS!!!

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

i'll never fall for the looks complete but sold as is scam again. that asshole is in the bozo bin. anyone got a spare matchbox walrus canopy?

Reply to
someone

i have a half acre burial plot for the bikes and kits. inheritance my ass.

Reply to
someone

Young man, if you're going to misbehave you'll get no presents!

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Squadron doesn't have any in their single line. Perhaps Falcon has one in their sets. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

sure, thanks.

Reply to
someone

Falcon canopy set #19 has a Walrus canopy, along with a lot of other FAA types: Seafox, Barracuda, Firefly, Fulmar, Skua, Sea Fury, Attacker, etc.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

who sells them, mark?