Kawasaki Ki-100 seat belts

I'm having a bit of a problem in sorting out the arrangement of the seat belts and shoulder strap[s] of the Ki-100. I keep getting different arrangements and numbers for the shoulder strap[s]. Help?

Cheers and Merry Christmas all. Jim.

Reply to
Jim

I don't have much on the Ki-100 but the two sources I could lay my hands on quickly show no shoulder restraint at all, only seat belts. The sole example that remains is on display at Cosford and it has what appears to be leather lap belts only.

The other source is Maru Mechanic No. 2 (1977) and it shows the same arrangement.

Ain't modeling fun!

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

According to the publication "Japanese Aircraft Iteriors 1940-1945" ,pictures and scetches indicate that the aircraft only had lap belts fastening into a bracket in the lower rear inside of the seat. HTH

Andy

Reply to
Andy Irving

Milton - Andy, thanks. For me that settles it. Lap belts it is. I thought that by this time in the war they would have gone to some sort of a shoulder harness rig, but as you guys point out - no way. This will make it easier on the wine bottle lead I have stashed away for this sort of thing.

Thanks much guys. Much appreciate the help. Cheers - Jim.

Reply to
Jim