Kawasaki motorcycles. Any such models available?

Hi,

Does anybody know if there are any Kawasaki motorcycle models out there? I have seen a lot of other motorcycle brands as models, but no Kawasakis. Is there some special reason for this, or am I just not aware of how to find them?

Thank you all, Peter

Reply to
Peter Gregefalk

To clarify, I am particularly interested in cruiser/custom style bikes. Peter

Reply to
Peter Gregefalk

A very nice model of a Yamaha DSC 11 cruiser ("Dragstar Classic 11") can be found at:

There is also a VMAX cruiser at .....

They are free, downloadable, large and very detailed. You need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer in order to view and print out the models, free at
You need an inkjet color printer to print out the models and good quality cardstock of about 90# weight, available by the ream in size 8 1/2 x 11 at OfficeMax, Staples, Wal-Mart.

The models are published by the Yamaha company as a promotional gimmick. They think, if kids will build them, then they might buy the real thing someday. So there are no Kawasakis at this site. But surf around the site to find some other nice motorcycles as well:

A YZF-R1 "rice rocket" at

TMax scooter/motorcycle at
retro SR400 at
(my fave....) A naked bike XJR1300 at
If you do not have Acrobat Reader and/or an ink jet printer, at least download the files and save them on your computer for later. Do this with a "right click" of your mouse on the download button. You could print them out on regular paper with your LaserJet in black and white, just to see and study the models and the techniques that are utilized by the model designers.

You could build them in black and white also because a LaserJet will take cardstock. But color is the way to go ..... You could also put the Acrobat .PDF files on a burned CD and take them over to a Kinkos copy shop to print them out on their color printers for very reasonable cost.

Trust me, these are fun models, and any of them will make you a proud display owner and perhaps a contest winner.

Vess Irvine Estes Park, Colorado

Reply to
Vess Irvine

Heller made a Kawasaki 750 Mach VI and I think Revell also did a couple Kaw's.

Reply to
Sam

Tamiya have done a few. Mostly early 80s endurance racers, if the memory bank is plugged in....

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

I built this model. Some pictures and modifications at...

"

" ============

Reply to
Silver

Reply to
Mike Keown

You can try Hobby Link Japan and search for Kawasaki - though you'll probably end up finding lots of airplanes (Jets and Bikes - Kawasaki must be a cool company to work for...) Japanese cruisers are not a common model subject - people want sport bike kits. BTW, do you ride? Greg P.

Reply to
Greg Plummer

I have a Chips Kawasaki by Revell that has Ponch and Jon's smiling faces on the box top. Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
Max Bryant

Revell did a kit of the H2 (that was the 500 was it not?) although that was quite a while ago. Tamiya brought out one of the ZX-12 and did have a KB500 endurance racer in it's line up. Revell also has a ZX-7, which if I am correct is a Protar kit.

Reply to
Raymond A. Heilman

if you're talking the 2 stroke triples, the h1 was a 500 and the h2 a 750. they did do a hi kit. it wasn't very good, poor wheels, out of scale parts, no cables and poor fit.