King Kong's Helldiver - Kit of the Plane?

Did Hasegawa do this plane in their series of 1/32 Pre War aircraft?

Is this aircraft available in 1/48?

thx - Craig

Reply to
crw59

The Boeing F4B (which was a Hasegawa subject) shares a lot of visual features but is NOT the Helldiver from the movie.

Esoteric and Ardpol made versions in 1/72nd. Those are the only ones coming up via Google.

Stephen "FPilot" Bierce/IPMS #35922 {Sig Quotes Removed on Request}

Reply to
Stephen Bierce

I 'think' it was done by Aurora in 1/48th, many years ago. I haven't seen one for awhile but check E-bay. They might be more numerous than I would know.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

That was the Curtiss SBC-3 Helldiver.

The Esoteric kit s excellent. Have not seen the Ardpol kit, so can't comment on that one. Are you sure that you are not thinking of their O2C-1 Helldiver?

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

It's been a while since I saw the flick. Do I have the wrong plane in mind? I thought that was the type Craig asked about. In 1/72 both Matchbox and Heller brought out Curtiss SBCs, almost at the same time.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Ferd Berfel

The planes in the original King Kong (1933) were Curtiss 02C-2s. They were 4 Navy training planes out of Floyd Bennett field and were flown by actual Navy pilots in the film.

willshak

film.http://www.aboyd.com/kong/kongfaq2.htmlhttp://www.historicaircraft.org/Navy-Aircraft/pages/Curtiss-02C2.html>

ooops. I guess I should have mentioned which movie version... The recent one was what I was curious about, but I'll take both movies...

Craig

Reply to
crw59

film.http://www.aboyd.com/kong/kongfaq2.htmlhttp://www.historicaircraft.org/Navy-Aircraft/pages/Curtiss-02C2.html>>

There were 3 King Kong movies. I only saw the original (1933), and a number of times. I wasn't interested in the other two, Jessica Lange and Naomi Watts not withstanding. :-) The Jessica Lange one's was a little different. The finale took place on the World Trade Center and had helicopters as the attacking planes. The part in the original where Kong shakes the sailors off the log crossing the chasm kinda started me on modeling.

Reply to
willshak

film.http://www.aboyd.com/kong/kongfaq2.htmlhttp://www.historicaircraft.or...>

I intentionally ignored the 1970's version. Thx, now I'm gonna have nightmares again thinking about all the excellent dialog and acting in that movie.......

Craig

Reply to
crw59

" snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com:

I actually prefer the 70s version over that recent POS, Naomi Watts notwithstanding...

But the best, ever, is the original.

RobG (The Aussie One)

Reply to
RobG