Did the Me163's ever fly in pairs ???

In order to pre order the kit, I have to order 2 of the 1/48 Testors kit. I plan to have them going thru some B-17's flying along my garage ceiling.

did they ever go up in pairs?

thx - Craig

Reply to
crw59

They did fly multiple Me-163s on a single mission against bombers, but I don't know if they flew classic "Rotte" formations with a wingman or attacked in pairs during combat. The Testors' Me-163 is a pretty crude model of it, and you'll need a lot of work to bring it up to anywhere near today's standards:

*

  • I almost feel like a traitor writing this, because a Hawk Me-163 Komet was my first model of a rocket-powered Luftwaffe aircraft when I was a kid, and started me down the path of my Luft 46 collecting. I must have had five or six of those over the years. I didn't know what the thing was when I bought the kit, and had to look it up in "Jet And Rocket Planes That Made History" down at the library. ...sniff...sniff...the little red transparent rocket flame! (Pat keels over from nostalgia) ;-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

standards:

*

thx. they will hang from the ceiling and will soon be covered in dust. looking for a themed setting more than accuracy. a little 4 inch piece of plastic 7 feet off the ground...

it it has wings its good enough for me...

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Spoken as a true modeller!

Reply to
Art Murray

Well, it's got wings, but it's a bit shy in the tail department. :-) Hawk's model was the first time anyone ever made a kit of it.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Or as our famous hero used to say (Modeler Al)

"Build What You Want The Way You Want"

The reason my KV II has red stars on it. Reason why I am now building OOB, and I don't really care for the obsessive attention to exact detail, and or the magnifier mentality. I am just having fun, and if someone else actually enjoys/likes my models, well than thats all well and good, and even more fun.

Clear Skies

Reply to
AM