Looking for 1/72 Predator UAV and C-21 kits

Heya!

Looking for a pair of kits so that I can complete my collection of ND ANG aircraft in 1/72.

Thanks in advance!

-andy

Reply to
Drew Hill

Go to the FineScale Modeler website and check out their forum and search this group. IIRC, there were some posts on Predator. There was some discussion regarding whether the landing gear would support the weight of the fuselage/wings without a structural failure of the gear. I can't remember who made the kit but I know it's out there. Not cheap though.

For the C-21, try the 1/48 Hasegawa kit of the civilian Lear Jet 35A. I can't recall ever seeing it in 1/72. You won't be able to see much of the interior anyway. The markings would be available from the aftermarket decal sources which are plentiful on eBay. You'd have to take them from several sets but it shouldn't be difficult.

Ed R.

Reply to
robbelothe

snipped-for-privacy@702com.net (Drew Hill) wrote in :

Unicraft do a Predator in that scale:

Due to the way Unicraft works (AFAIK, he produces his kits in batch, fulfilling your order can take a while if it's not in stock), you may be better off ordering from a reseller:

Reply to
Harro de Jong

You aren't actually from Nodak, are you? Anyway, there's a 1/72nd scale Predator here:

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

here:

There are two 1/72 scale kits of the Lear Jet C-21. The Rareplanes vacuform may be hard to find, but it's worth the effort. I have not seen the Top Gun cast resin kit, but I have some of the other kits and they are quite nice.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

The Has Lear kit is also sold by Revell Germany and comes with several sets of USAF markings. The kit is very nice, but the engine pods are incorrect for a USAF machine as they lack thrust reversers.

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Buley

RVHP will soon release a line of Learjets, including a C-21.

Curt

Reply to
Curt