Looking for info on WWII US 37mm ammo crates

The guys at my reenactment group want some real looking crates for the 37mm ammo for the M5s. I've done several searchs, even found a guy at one point that claimed he had original US Army blueprints for the crate but his last posting was August of 2006 and now I can't even find the site again to email him.

Anyone got any ideas where I might find info, dimensions, marking data for these. The crates I've seen look like they would be fairly wasy to knock together, hinges might be tougher finding original looking ones. Some of the notes I've seen suggest they held 8 rounds vertically, 2 rows of 4 but I'd prefer something more solid to go on.

TIA Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost