Mbox Hawk 200

Hey all

Whats the faults with the kit? got on on the way soon and always wanted to do one, not sure what markings, guess the cockpit and seat are typical Mbox. thanks

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

"JULIAN HALES" wrote in news:65cXb.8179$ snipped-for-privacy@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk:

Well, the kit is based on their old trainer Hawk. So is likely to have most of that ones faults...

As I recall the (flap?) actuators on the wings need fixing so there's no gap.

For the 200, the nose/forward fuselage is wrong. The steps in the lower fuselage are too pronounced. (You'll see what I mean when you get the kit.)

The kit is of the first prototype IIRC.

For other aircraft its best to check your references:

Some have some kind of antenna housed on the front of the fin near the top. There seems to be some kind of strake on the rear fuselage just forward and below the tailplane. Some have wingtip mounts for AAMs (same as the export Hawks?) I've also seen a refuelling probe on the right below the cockpit.

A quick google brings up a number of images. Pick your aircraft and go from there...

Reply to
Peter Baxter