Melting down my stash

I,m gonna melt my whole stash down to make a 1:6 Scale Gato. Does
anyone make any P/E in 1/6 scale for the Gato? (:>
Reply to
Count DeMoney
Why do you guys go so nuts over brand new large scale submarine kits? Before I came to this newsgroup I didn't even know anyone cared about submarines.
Reply to
wizzzer
read clay blair's silent victory and you'll care. watch the director's cut of das boot. talk to a ww2 submariner from any country. all of a sudden you'll realise how damned interesting the things are. unless you're dead from the hair down.
I like that, mind if I use it?
Reply to
Ron Smith
nope, you can even pretend it's yours.
Especially if you are fortunate to live in a town full of sub people, both active and retired; there are plenty of stories that will chill your back hairs. Then you start reading the stories and get a whole new perspective on stuff never, EVER, talked about in school and only glimmered about in the various news sources.....depth charging, secret missions hinted at. I wished I had the chance to talk to some of the veterans that have passed on....
Reply to
Andrew M
how about the movie. the van allen belt is burning! the tv got really dumb when they added aliens. should have died of embarassment. i got an aurora nautilus to rebuild. all 10 pieces.
I think I've built three in my life, all from Aurora which should explain how long ago they were done. The only one still here is the Seaview. Cool sub, dumb TV show.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
Yes, things really went downhill when the control room moved down to the nose. Watching both VTTBOS and Lost in Space got you the chance to see your favourite monster twice in the same week. Most overused phrase: "run a charge through the hull!"
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
: : Why do you guys go so nuts over brand new large scale submarine kits? : If you have to ask the question, you won't understand the answer.
Bruce
Reply to
Bruce Burden
Maybe he never went to any submarine races.......:)
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
I wonder if there is anyone under 50 who understands what you just said (:>
Mad-Modeller wrote:
Reply to
Count DeMoney
I knew what he meant. no problem lol.....
Got the two kid's to prove it :)
Reply to
AM
Probably those who didn't live near a river. Ours was in the Hudson highlands on a gravel plateau overlooking the widest part of the Hudson River. The gravel was soft sometimes requiring a tow by other race fans. :-)
Reply to
Willshak
One of ours was literally across the road from the Ft. McClellan light arms firing range. One could see the tracers at night through the trees. But every now and then they would put an M-60 mg on some sort of metal target (old tank hull?) and the tracers would richochet up into the night air.
Ah, nothing like fireworks on a summer's evening!
Art
Reply to
Art Murray