model clubs in NYC?

I'm back working on 1/25 cars again after 15 years, hoping that this will be a start, not a fit... I'm looking for a model club in the New York City area. Years ago I went regularly to one in South Brooklyn but don't remember its name... Anything doing?

Reply to
Tim Ettenheim

Try the Long Island Auto Replica Society (L.I.A.R.S.). I'm not sure where they are based but past shows were in Bayshore. They are moving to a new venue but the show is in 2 weeks,(Nov. 15,2003). This year it is at the Freeport Recreation Center, 130 East Merrick Rd., Freeport,NY. 11520.

For show info or club info there are 2 contacts; George Vita at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com or Rich Manson at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com For automotive modelers these guys are great. Theme for this show is any car year ending in "3". HTH Warren I'm feeling much better now.......

Reply to
Rusty12759

Hi- Here is a discussion forum dedicated to model car building. The folks there may be able to help you.

Click on the discussion button when you get there.

HTH Ron

Reply to
OSTIAANTIC

Reply to
Tim Ettenheim

Tim,

The Brooklyn Plastic Modelers Society meets on the third Friday of the month at the Bergen Beach Sports Complex.

We build everything, and you're welcome to our meetings.

Take a look at our website:

Frank

Reply to
ROTORFRANK