tinted Canopies

Hi,

I have here Hasegawa's F-16C/Block 40 in the markings of 'Triple Nickel' and the box art is a nice side-profile photograph. The instructions do not tell, but the photo looks like the rear part of this aircraft's canopy has this gold/gray tinted glass like some Vipers have it on all or part of the canopy. I wish to simulate that on the model - has anyone an idea about the best paint to use for this job?

regards & tia Ingo

Reply to
Ingo Degenhardt

Go to your local window tinting place and get an offcut for nothing. They make a range of colours for cars and homes that are great for model work and if you think they may not like you getting it for free for modelling, tell them you are thinking about doing your home and/or car and would like a couple of samples to show your girlfriend and to see through your home windows.....

Peter

Reply to
Bushy

Tamiya X-19 Smoke on the inside, and X-24 Yellow or X-26 Orange on the outside. Dilute the paint 1/1 or more and spray a thin coat. Better to spray another coat if necessary, rather to have to remove a thick one from a clear part.

Reply to
[SM04]Serge D. Grun