Model math

Hi all,

I have 8 copies of The Modeler's Weapons Shop Guide To Model Math And Scale Jumping. This spiral bound booklet describes in full detail how you can up and/or downscale any drawing or 3-d component using nothing more than a set of dial calipers and a five-function calculator. You can even use drawings in three or four different scales to create a model in yet another scale. If you do scratch building or conversions, you don't want to be without this information.

Only $3 each for one or all. Since postage will be determined by how many are in a single package, email me for specific shipping costs. Single copies take $2 shipping for a total of $5. I accept PayPal using the email address snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com

Thanks

Reply to
Richard Marmo

With modern copy machines I have found the scaling to be very accurate- probably as accurate as paper drawings themselves, which change size slightly with humidity.

If you have a copy function with your scanner and printer, you can do it yourself. Otherwise, take the print to a copy shop, and set the "magnification" number to the scaling you want.

Yes, early copy machines were not great at scaling, and even made different scales in horizontal and vertical. But for the last 8-10 years the machines have been able to do an excellent job of resizing.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota