Model Shows and Contests???

I havent seen any postings for shows in the New Orleans or Mobile, AL area. How come this end of the world seems to be neglected? There use to be one every May held at the Mobile Battleship park. As far as I know, it's been cancelled the last year or two due to the fighting in Iraq. I'd like to go to another show, but driving 4 or 5 hrs, right now, isnt possible. Thanks for any help on the topic. -----Larry (earnhardt fan forever)

Reply to
LarryMow1

I think the IPMS boys are afraid to come down to Lousiana because they dont think they can make any money down there in the swamps. I think those eastern types dont belive that any bayou boy can build a decent kit for competition!

ProMedeler#33393

Reply to
KITMAN

Larry,

Here are the next three Louisiana based shows coming up. I don't know about Mobile, but Pensacola also has a very fine annual show. These three Louisiana (and the FL) shows are nice sized and well attended bringing modelers from all parts of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and West Florida. Your interest in auto modeling would be rewarded as well. Many local auto modelers (several IPMS and NNL winners and auto modeling magazine contributors) are located in this region and routinely participate in these shows.

2005 Sept 17 IPMS Baton Rouge website:
2005 Oct 15 IPMS Flying Tigers (New Orleans) website:
2006 Jan (date unknown) IPMS/S.W.A.M.P. (South West Louisiana Area Modelers of Plastic - Lake Charles) website:
2006 June (date unknown) IPMS/Pensacola website:
Fine modeling in the South is alive and well, please join us!

Kaliste Saloom (IPMS #30703) Lafayette, LA

Reply to
Kaliste Saloom