Modelling Cold Turkey

I'm up at my Mum's place and have been for the past two weeks. Therefore, I'm not doing any modelling.

Flippin' 'eck! It's sheer torture! Modelling cold turkey is *not* nice. The withdrawal symptoms are horrific.

Sadly, I'll have to go through cold turkey until at least the 4th of January. When I get back home I'll be starting on the Eduard 1/48 FW-190A-8. Can't wait!

One good thing is that I've been able to examine my deep stash. I knew there was a Matchbox Meteor night fighter in there. The parts from that can be grafted on to two MPM Meteor F8s to give me both an NF11 and an NF14. But there was a nice surprise for me - two Airfix Meteor Mk3s! I'd totally forgotten they were up there. One will have its tail grafted on to an MPM F8 to make an F4. I dunno what to do with the other... use the tail to build a T7 or take the detail bits from an F8 to make a decent Mk3 from the Airfix kit. Ooh... choices! choices!

See....! This modelling cold turkey is horrible...

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Rails of Sheffield just announced that Hornby will be releasing a Stanier

2-6-4t in 2007. Now doesn't that make you feel better already? Pssst, there's also an all-new "Class 56" whatever that is, probably some foreign locomotive?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

A British Rail diesel freight locomotive.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

Think of it as an opportunity to plan ahead. Personally, I'd take the relevant pieces and upgrade the Mk.III.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Oh yes!!!!! :-D That will complete the set. Fowler, Stanier, Fairburn and Riddles, all in RTR!

I dunno what it is either, but I really don't care.

Any sign of a Claughton? :-D

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Oh *that* ! Kim was right. It *is* foreign! LOL

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Well... there is a very interesting overall white scheme for the Mk3.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

That still leaves the Stanier 2-6-2t and 2-6-0. Both were shedded locally (2D) and could easily be adapted from existing RTR tooling.

Yes, it's coming immediately after the Cauliflower and Precursor which were also shedded locally.

Cauliflower cheese?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

I'd be tempted to dig up a Frog/Novo F4 and use the detail parts from an F8 on that instead, then build the F-8 'in flight' on a nice stand with its gear retracted and the canopy painted black on the inside.

Then you could build two F3s, or sell one of them on eBay! ;)

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I don't have one of those in my Deep Stash. However I *do* have a number of Frog/Novo kits: Magister, Typhoon 1b, Martin Maryland, Fairey Gannet, Fairey Firefly - two of each! There's also a Javelin and a Hunter in its original Frog box!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix