Modern City Diorama Accessories???

Verlinden focuses on destroyed European buildings, but what with Iraq now, we could use some modern, undamaged store fronts, modern street lights, etc. I think now that we are not gonna carpet bomb Europe anytime soon, we need some stuff for the modern, door to door, block to block, kicking in door kinda warfare..

anyone know if this stuff is in the works by someone?

Craig

Reply to
who me?

Grandpa

For 1/72 scale, you could try Linka....

DS

Reply to
DS

Depending upon the scale in which you want to work, you may wish to look at some of the railroad modeling sites.

Andy

Reply to
Andyroo111

Right! There are many structures available in N scale (144), HO scale (1/87) and O Scale (1/48). Check out the major distributor/manufacturer Wm. K. Walthers site:

Some firms have come out recently with building "flats" - single walls that are used as backgrounds in model railroads.

Good luck!

Bob Boudreau Canada

Reply to
Railfan

oops! forgot the important stuff again.. 1/35 scale.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Just a very minor point, Bob. N Scale is 1/160 rather than 1/144. Close enough for government work, but there are those purists out there who'd have a fit with someone trying to mix the two scales.

I use 1/144 tanks on my 1/160 flatcars. I can see the difference because I know about it, but not a soul has ever brought it up to me.

But as I said, there are those "rivet counters" who would complain.

Andy

Reply to
Andyroo111

Oops! I don't have a clue where 1/144 came from. I model in HO, so everything else is irrelevant!

Bob Boudreau Canasta

Reply to
Railfan

Queue Verlindens models for SAS in Iraq: Trooper digging a crap-hole and trooper squatting over crap-hole reading. Maybe they will have one of the soldier bagging up the evidence and putting it in another troopers pack for a laugh :)

More modern accessories/figures gets my vote.

Reply to
Tone

You're buggered mate, as am I :(

Reply to
Tone

How very like an HO modeler.... Any different from 1/87 is irrelevant. Oh the shame!!!! :-)

Andy

Reply to
Andyroo111

Doesn't Mig make some modern trashcans, rubbish bins to the rest of the world? In fact, I think he makes a whole 'urban accessory' set..

Mike please remove "diespam" to reply

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, perhaps you've misunderstood the situation.

Reply to
MLDHOC