My Next Project

My next project is Polar Light's Mach V from Speed Racer. It's the cheaper snap together kit with peel and stick decals (yuck). I'd like to do the
body in white with prismatic gold/jade and the lower portions of the car in Alclad chrome. I've never used Alclad or prismatic, so any advise is welcome. I'll probably build the robot and periscope hatches closed. I'd also like to find someone that sells 1/24 decal sheets for this kit. Anyway, if anyone has any hints or suggestions or pitfalls to look out for, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Thomas
"T. Forward" wrote:

I just did a google image search and came up with nothing. I remember Speed only jumping out/in of the car. There is no generic car detail on the PL version? Doubt you have to do anything really different.
Craig

T. Forward wrote:

As I recall, the door did open. (Though this was shown in only a few episodes.) I believe it was designed so that the front "lip" of the door went below the "level" of the front quarter-panel (like certain high-end American cars) while the windshield/side-window were separated by a hairline cut (not always shown) that followed the curve of the door.
--
Edwin (who watched it enough when he was young...)

(Remove "DIESPAMDIE!")

Yes. OTOH it's very durable and doesn't really need the protection.

My "From" address is munged - click "Reply To" to respond via email.
Thank you all for your help with all my questions. I'll start building in the next couple weeks and post some pics over on ABMS. Thanks again.
Thomas

cheaper
in
for,