Need Vehicle ID help. (Soviet Armor)

I posted a picture in ABMS. It looks like some sort of an assault gun on, what looks like a KV series chassis.

TIA

Reply to
Jim

I don't know where you found that photo, but that is NOT a KV chassis of any sort!

It's some sort of casemate added to the hull of a T-64 tank (which did not enter production until the late 1960s) but looks to be a one-off homemade vehicle.

I hope it was not near Chernobyl, for then it could have been something whipped up in a hurry to get close to the reactor and literally glows in the dark!

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

I recall seeing a documentary about scientists exploring the reactor. They used radio controlled model tanks with video cameras taped to the hull. They had a wall in the common room where they posted photos of scientists who died of leukemia, etc. Kind of like Pancho Barne's bar. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf