Nimitz carrier wing circa 1975

Can someone tell me what the airwings on board consisited of and how many of each type of aircraft. I'm getting ready to buy the trumpiter nimitz kit and wish to have a full compliment of aircraft on board in the 1975 cruise. Your help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks, Jeff Forster

Reply to
JRFORSTER2

Jeffrey:

It is obvious that you have entirely too much free time on your hands! :-)

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I'll get you started. First, you need to know which units were attached to her Air Wing, CVW-8

Google sez...

Which is a pretty nice link, because the only thing missing is the plane counts. You can also review the other Nimitz deployments listed and possibly make another choice if another plane assortment strikes your fancy.

HTH

WmB

WmB

geez, I don't have time to even build the big ones, and you wanna build 80 small ones?

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Yeah, but at only 6 parts per 'plane you should be able to get a nice assembly line going (he said, hoping he was right because he'd just bought two squadrons' worth of Tamiya's 1:350 aircraft)

Reply to
Harro de Jong