remember "crystal clear" ?

is crystal clear still available or what is used for a substitute?

Reply to
KONDA24

My Hobby shop has a box on the shop as we speak!

dhcinc.com

Reply to
Scott A. Bregi AKA The Model Hobbit

From a Google search for "kristal klear microscale":

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Yes, it is still available, as others have noted. On the question of a substitute, well, Kristal Kleer is just a PVA (poly-vinyl acetate) white glue, the sort of thing that is still used in schools for gluing paper, card and the like. The original is apparantly Elmer's glue.

It is water-soluble, dries clear and gives a strong join without attacking polystyrene. I use it all the time for attaching canopies. When using it to glaze small windows (e.g. airliners in 1/144th), it can be wise to overcoat it with gloss varnish, as it remains water-soluble.

Reply to
Alan Dicey

thickened future works for me.

Reply to
someone

While Krystal Klear is probably some sort of resin suspended in water, it is not like White Glue.

White Glue is semi-transparent when dry. Krystal Klear is...well...crystal clear! Big difference in transparency.

I suspect that it is closer in composition to Acrylic Gloss Medium than to White Glue.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Well heck, I've tried eating both, and they taste the same to me...

Another water-soluble white-glue that can be used to fill small window areas is Alene's Jewel-It, a gem-to-fabric glue I also use to attach canopies. It dries very clear, and because of its high viscosity, is relatively easy to draw across small openings.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

LOL!

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

So it sticks to plastic better than white glue too? White glue isn't real good for porous surfaces.

Seb

Reply to
so238