remember "crystal clear" ?

is crystal clear still available or what is used for a substitute?

My Hobby shop has a box on the shop as we speak!
dhcinc.com
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (KONDA24) wrote in message

From a Google search for "kristal klear microscale":
http://www.f1specialties.com/main/accessories/mkk.php http://griffongames.safeshopper.com/64/cat64.htm?101 http://www.jsssoftware.com/micro_krystel_klear.htm ...
Peteski
Is this about the same stuff as Micro Glaze? I just picked up a bottle of the latter a couple of weeks ago.
KONDA24 wrote:

--
Don Stauffer in Minnesota
snipped-for-privacy@usfamily.net
KONDA24 wrote:

Yes, it is still available, as others have noted. On the question of a substitute, well, Kristal Kleer is just a PVA (poly-vinyl acetate) white glue, the sort of thing that is still used in schools for gluing paper, card and the like. The original is apparantly Elmer's glue.
It is water-soluble, dries clear and gives a strong join without attacking polystyrene. I use it all the time for attaching canopies. When using it to glaze small windows (e.g. airliners in 1/144th), it can be wise to overcoat it with gloss varnish, as it remains water-soluble.

thickened future works for me.

While Krystal Klear is probably some sort of resin suspended in water, it is not like White Glue.
White Glue is semi-transparent when dry. Krystal Klear is...well...crystal clear! Big difference in transparency.
I suspect that it is closer in composition to Acrylic Gloss Medium than to White Glue.
Peteski
snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com (Peter W.) wrote:

Well heck, I've tried eating both, and they taste the same to me...
Another water-soluble white-glue that can be used to fill small window areas is Alene's Jewel-It, a gem-to-fabric glue I also use to attach canopies. It dries very clear, and because of its high viscosity, is relatively easy to draw across small openings.
Mark Schynert

LOL!
The Keeper (of too much crap!)
Peter W. wrote:

So it sticks to plastic better than white glue too? White glue isn't real good for porous surfaces.
Seb