No 1/35 Italian WWII Figures?

Any figures to go with this kit???

Craig

crw59

Nope, only a few in resin here and there. Italeri did make some about

30 years ago but they redefined the term "zombie" when you saw them.

I agree, as do some other folks, that it's a shame when a manufacturer comes out with a really great kit but then there are no figures to go with it. I guess that is the reason for so many "captured" paint schemes as 90% of the plastic figures are Germans of one stripe or another.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

sounds like its time for another letter to Dragon asking where all the Italian, Japanese, Russian and British 1/35 figures are. Last time I checked they were in the war too.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

I *think* German paratroops are a close match for Italians, especially for late WW2 period?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Italeri has or did have a set of six "Italian Attack Troops WW II ' Bersaglieri ' ". (No, I don't know what that means). They are 1/35th and listed as Kit # 305. As stated there are six figures armed with a Beretta mod. 38 smg, Carano rifles mod. 91 & 91/38 and some type of side clip fed light machine gun. perhaps a Breda mod. 30 Illustrations on the box show pith helmets (feathers optional , I'm sure) , a soft beret type of cap and regular Italian army type helmets (with optional flourishes). Two of the figures are shown in short pants and four in long trousers with leggins or spats I don't know if this set is still in production or not, guess you'd have to check with Italeri. I picked this set up from a "bargain bin" in the local major hobby shop probably 18 months ago. Hope this is of some help. Ol '45

Reply to
Ol' 45

Elite light infantry, normally used in mountainous regions.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

-snip-

Literally, "sharpshooters" - an elite infantry designation.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer