specialized car models

JoHan made the '65 or '66 Cadillac ambulance/hearse. They've been OOP for some time and are pricey when found. The same outfit made the '68 Plymouth Fury police cars. I think they are still available from Mr. Spaulding.
AMT made a short series of 1/25th fire trucks, one of which is either coming out soon or already out. The '70 Ford Interceptor from RC/Ertl is back out too under the "AMT" brand.
That leaves the '97 Ford Crown Vic from Lindberg. It's a snapper but it is detailed well. The biggest booboo is that the wheels are not the usual plain black steel wheels. The kit uses chrome wheel/wheel covers. HTH.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
There was also a '37(?) Lasalle hearse from Aurora (IIRC) set up as a surfer's buggy. Not terribly detailed and I think it was 1:32. Aurora also did a garbage truck and some other vehicles in this scale.
Reply to
The Old Man
I don't think Okey has them, but there's still a boatload of 'em available on ebay. Usually under $30, although some sellers think they're worth more. Ignore them. -- C.R. Krieger (Got one already)
Reply to
C.R. Krieger
Quick search on Ebay;
Home >Buy >Toys & Hobbies >Models, Kits >Automotive > Search Results for 'Ambulance '
VINTAGE JO-HAN CADILLAC RESCUE AMBULANCE MODEL W/ BOX
Item number: 320130463245
1959 Cadillac Ambulance Built Model 1/25th
Item number: 200124292239
NB115 1959 Pontiac Ambulance Resin Body
Item number: 5992582835
FLINTSTONE RESIN "59 BONNEVILLE AMBULANCE CONVERSION
Item number: 200020003568
Home >Buy >Toys & Hobbies >Models, Kits >Automotive > Search Results for 'hearse'
Jimmy Flintstone #NB6 "59 Miller Meteor Caddy Hearse
Item number: 6041945711
VINTAGE JO-HAN HEAVENLY HEARSE MODEL W/ BOX
Item number: 320130463263
FLINTSTONE '48 CHEV JOHN LITTLE CARVED HEARSE NB142
Item number: 200019996718
Cadillac Superior Hearse with Landau Irons - Resin Body
Item number: 120135803244
There are more, but this is a sample.
Mike -- Advice when most needed is least heeded.
begin 666 clip_image001.gif M1TE&.#EA" `(`)$``/___^_O[\[.SO___R'Y! 44``,`+ `````(``@```(1 35( Y8PF[#H)QTG$N>SIH5@``.P`` ` end
Reply to
Mike G.

Site Timeline