Osprey MV-22

*time is an enemy*
Reply to
Ingo Degenhardt

Hallo Ingo

Im having trouble uploading images to my website, i was going to put a lot of me on stood next to some Fitters, hope to soon.

The 32nd Mig21 F13 is coming along steady, fusalarge and wings done, just filling and sanding. I was due to goto Germany end of Apr, but now its delayed until mid May, im back off to that airbase as now they have a Bronco, the pig ugly US 2 prop plane, Anetts father saved a local newspaper article showing one being deliverd, only a small museum but good.

Reply to
Jules

Hi, with a little luck my Fitter will be finished this weekend - it's such a lot of work this Kopro kit... Next is a Tamiya Me262 that is supposed to nearly built itself...I need something like that after all the Fitter-trouble... Nordholz is a rather small museum as well, but very interesting as they have nearly everything the Marineflieger ever had in their inventory (so they should have a Fitter from MFG28 instead of JBG-77...but it's only the modex no. and wing badge that make the difference - no, not true: JBG77 aircraft have only 2 chaff/flare dispensers, MFG planes have four.) They have there: Hawker Sea Hawk F-104G Fairey Gannet (!) just for example - transport and helicopters too. Ingo

*time is an enemy*
Reply to
Ingo Degenhardt

Ingo I have put some images up, i had to shrink a lot and still have many more but no space left......

Jules

Hi, My son flies these things and also instructs. He says they are safe, He is writing operational stuff now, for deployment.

TLM

Reply to
Tim

My son flies these things and instructs. He says they are safe. He flew the Stallions before. He is now writing operational plans for deployment. TLM

Reply to
Tim

Reply to
John DeBoo

Hi Jules, thanks for all the pics! Those aircraft are badly in need of a new paint job - and more, I guess. Interesting, that the Su-22 has a full external load. That museum seems to be worth a visit - alone for all the aircraft on display. Cool fuel truck also. That Nordholz Fitter-K is in a similar poor state.

Ingo ps: I liked clicking your head *g*

*time is an enemy*
Reply to
Ingo Degenhardt

You mean when one ends up in your back garden?

It's like the old joke...

Q How does a German get himself a Starfighter?

A He buys a field and waits.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Forgot to say, if you wanna come to England (and not been before) im sure i can find some good old English jets.......warm beer and fat girls ( and good football!!!)

I goto Germany often and i like it, well most of it, but your more than welcome to come here and visit and have a few days or a week.. no probs, the only spare bedroom i have is the model making room. More plastic that Pam Anderson!!!!!

Reply to
Jules

Hi Jules, what's with your written German? "Bitte klick meinen Kopf" is perfectly right. But I have my own troubles with articles for hyperscale that I do every once in a while... Yes, it's a bit strange to stand next to those planes - this country once considered us the enemy...even if we were german too. Unthinkable to see an NVA Mig or Sukhoi from close back in the 80s..or from far away.

*time is an enemy*
Reply to
Ingo Degenhardt
*g* been there a few times and have seen RAF museum Hendon twice (thats a very good museum!) In '95 I traveled southern England by car (those single track lanes...) and it seemed there was an BoB airfield every few miles, some with smaller museums too. I have not attended one yet, but I envy England for all the airshows from spring to fall. There are nearly none here in Germany...especially after the Ramstein disaster in '88 or when that was. (Frecce tricolori midair collisions) Don't know when I will come to England (or elsewhere) again...I am a bit short on money these days...:-) But thanks for the offer. By the way, I have my own "more plastic than Pam Anderson room" here...*g* Ingo

*time is an enemy*
Reply to
Ingo Degenhardt

Or makes a nosedive into the Rio Grande. It'll be nice to see something different flying about. During the summer I take one of my grandaughters with me and we go eat a burger & goodies while watching aircraft at the airport at night. She's almost 5 and when she saw & heard her first military jet after dark go and saw the flame from the afterburner she was hooked. This will give her something to see during the light hours. "Grandpa, lets go to the airport and watch the planes!" John

Reply to
John DeBoo

My written English isnt too good either,. which doesnt help me with better German!

I had a great day at Rothenburg, Anetts father took many pitcures and when i go next time i will go as a modeller in mind, lots of good close up shots of the important bits. I have many Mig21 books but not one shows the correct positioning for the airbrakes open and pistons.

Reply to
Jules

I lived 1 mile away fro Hendon 15 years ago, but never went, i spent all my time chasing girls instead. I like UK airhows but the weather isnt too good. I remember i went to one on the eve of the 94 world cup and the Luftwaffe had painted on the tail of the F-4 '94 champions world cup'

I laughed so much and told them so!!!!

Reply to
Jules