OT: BoB ghost story link.

Some of you guys might like this wee tale.

Rob

Reply to
AussieRob

Many thanks, it's a wonderful tale. Are you sure he wasn'r at Ypres?

Reply to
The Old Man

"The Old Man" wrote in news:1158711997.589358.77720 @d34g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

Well, HE said not... I know I wasn't, so who am I to argue? (c:

Rob

Reply to
AussieRob

I was refering to a story that I heard from the First War. After a murderous artillary barrage, the British were mauled and in danger of being overrun. Just before the Germans could move, they swung their machine guns at a quarter that was empty of troops. Then the Germans started fleeing in panic. Later, when some semblence of stability had been reached along the British line, some captured German troops were brought in. All spoke about seeing "British soldiers" dressed like Crusaders attacking from the quarter where they were firing and their bullets had no effect on these strange soldiers. So they did what any rational man would do..... Who were those "soldiers"? King Arthur? Saint George? You tell me. Regards and G'day.

Reply to
The Old Man

"The Old Man" wrote

Ah yes, the Angel(s) of Mons..

Here's a couple of links - it's an interesting legend.

Probably a lot more articles out there too.

Rob

Reply to
AussieRob

Brits from the Hundred Years War............

Reply to
Ron Smith

Nah, they'd have headed for the French lines....;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller