OT: Boeing Loses Out on Air Force Tanker Deal

The result of a merger between Lockheed and Martin Aerospace....

Reply to
The Old Man

OK. Lockheed Martin I can understand. Is Lockmart an official nickname?

Reply to
willshak

Think Wallmart...

Jack G.

Reply to
Jack G

Actually, Airbus has the airplane up and running, more so than Boeing. The RAAF is about to get their first KC-330. Boeing has had numerous delays getting KC-767s to Japan and Italy. And Boeing's KC-45 is actually a combination of different models' compnents, like a -400 wing mated to a -200 fuselage.

Curt

Reply to
Curt

on 3/1/2008 8:15 PM Jack G said the following:

That's what I initially thought, but, I didn't thing that there was such adolescent behavior in this group.

Reply to
willshak

Heh...that was a uniquely USAF mistake begun with the F-15, AFAIK - the USN exported jets as kits for assembly in such situations instead of exporting whole manufacture from raw materials. Hopefully, the USAF has learned their lesson, and until I learn that they have I'll consider this tanker deal with Airbus Industrie no more than just another such strategic faux pas.

But I will agree in totality that the "globalization" foisted upon us by the Clinton/Gore camp was the wholesale beginning of the end...

Reply to
Rufus

OK.

Reply to
Rufus

Wow...like that's a GOOD thing...I'm not so sure. And just how long is it supposed to take to stand all this up?

Reply to
Rufus

...figures.

Reply to
Rufus

...heck with the group, try the industry...

Reply to
Rufus

...heck with the group, try the industry...

Reply to
Rufus

...heck with the group, try the industry...

Reply to
Rufus

Bill, Guess I should have put a smiley on my message - but that would have been even more adolescent behavior on my part - unforgivable on a news group for people who put toy airplanes together... (and before you blast me for that - I've been enjoying the hobby for 60 of my 65 years)

Jack G. (retired Boeing employee who could not resist a good natured dig at an old competitor)

Reply to
Jack G

willshak wrote: : : That's what I initially thought, but, I didn't thing that there was such : adolescent behavior in this group. : You must be new here. Anybody seen the monkey or the trike lately?

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

/../

/../ Well, you can't make everybody happy all the time, fact of life. Nothing to get worked up about.

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but about the time that high military procurement officials start committing suicide, I think that one can indeed suspect there is more to it than one is seeing. :-) Meanwhile, on a more light-hearted note, the White House's link to Christian Conservatives 'fesses up to telling fibs:

shame. But we must forgive him, as good Christians will. Then we must kill all Islamofacists in the name of The Prince Of Peace. "All men are brothers"? "Turn the other cheek"? "Judge not, lest ye be judged"? "Blessed be the peacemakers"? Give me a fukin' break. Screw that liberal one-worlder humanistic-pacifistic BS! Whoever came up with those concepts certainly wasn't a _true_ Christian. Commie-atheist-liberal crap like that could only come from Al Gore! ;-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

on 3/1/2008 9:49 PM Jack G said the following:

I was building models most of my 70 years. Started with model airplanes that had to be carved out of blocks of balsa wood. I picked up the first plastic models of antique car kits that were primitive with no more than a dozen parts, and a driver that was hardly more realistic than a clothespin doll.

Sorry, I just get ticked when I see this stuff over in alt.home.repair, with disparaging tool and store names like Crapsman, Home Despot, SqualMart, etc. Besides, I was in a bad mood. :-)

Reply to
willshak

Fairly new. I've only been posting here since 1998.

Reply to
willshak

I guess Bill didn't share the Chinese donations.

It's funny though just about every politicain in the US that has any facility related to the tanker deal is either cheering or screaming. Northrop Grumman Integrated Systems Eastern region who is teamed with EADS on this is headquartered in Bethpage New York. Haven't heard either of our senators say anything.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

No, just a highly unofficial contraction (in the same vein, see also McBoeing, the current manufacturer of the F-15)

Mike

Reply to
Mike Williamson