OT: DAMN...I just bought ANOTHER guitar...

...a brand new Fender American Deluxe V-neck Stratocaster with S-1 switching this time. Trying to diversify, found a deal I couldn't refuse.

But it still don't compare to any of my Gibsons...

Reply to
Rufus

Congrats !! :)

Yeah, it does compare. You are like me and like the full, rich sound, and great sustain you get with Gibson's.

After a while, you will want the *twang* of a real Strat, or God forbid, and ole Tele.

You'll be at the Strat, and in a big way. Ya just don't feel it yet.

I just gave my friends 15yr old son an old Strat copy, and practice amp. He is hooked. (and now driving parents crazy)

Music really is one of the most important things in our lives !!!!

;-)

AM

Reply to
AM

but me on a desert island with my music, kits and bike collection and the rest of the world may leave. don't bother checking back, i'll be fine, honest.

You're on the mark about that twang...and I'm already looking at Telecasters...I anticipate liking the Tele more than the Strat, actually.

But my next target is a Les Paul Deluxe, with the mini-humbuckers.

...oh, yeah...and I have a Dan Armstrong reissue due in in March, '07.

Reply to
Rufus