OT - DC-6 over Wimbledon?

Off-topic a bit, but is it me or do I keep hearing a DC-6 in the background of the Wimbledon tennis coverage? Have heard it two nights this week.

Duncan

Reply to
DunxC

I was in a meeting at 3-ish this pm - in Swindon.

I heard a heavy transport - and thinking it was maybe a Transall, or better yet, an An-22 out of RAF Lyneham, I was dying to go to the office window to take a look. It made a very distinctive noise and I knew it wasn't a Herk.

But as were in the middle of a discussion, I couldn't - but I did get a quick glimpse out of the window at the source of the noise at medium altitude heading towards London - and I decided that it was a piston engined a/c.

Now you mention it - it may well have been a DC-6.

I know that Air Atlantique have a couple at Coventry airport............

Ken

DunxC wrote:

Reply to
Ken Duffey