OT: E-bay problem

Kind of, anyway. I recently received cash from a gentleman in Italy for some models. Most of it was in US dollars but there was a ?5 note included. I took it to two banks here and while one would change it for me they wanted most of its value in fees. I was wondering if any of our friends in Europe would exchange US$4 for this note. I figure by the time we buy postage that it would be a fair exchange. Please contact me at snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net if you are interested. TIA!

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

if it is a new, uncirculated, clean, unfolded note, i will buy it for my exonoumia collection.

Reply to
someone

'Fraid it's 'used' and creased. :(

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

whats a ?5 note?

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Yes, but what about the note? :-P

Jimi

Reply to
Jimi

I suggest you contact the buyer and explain that foreign currency is essentially worthless in the U.S. Ask him to send the rest of the money he owes in U.S. currency. When you get the money, you'll send him the merchandise along with the foreign currency. If he's not satisfied with that, offer to cancel the sale and mail all of the money back to him.

Reply to
Wayne C. Morris

Wow, did that change somewhere! I meant a 5 Euro note, Jules, and that's the way I typed it here. Somewhere it got changed from the 'E' sign to a question mark.

Bill Banaszak

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Sounds good but I've sent off the kits. I should have checked with the bank first. This may turn into a 5 Euro lesson for me. OTOH, I think the Treasury ought to look into this holo- business as it looks much harder to counterfeit with that in the bill.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Julian's browser may not support the "EUR" (Euro) symbol. I know that Netscape only supported it beginning at 4.6 .

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

I get ? as well - however the Euro is unlikely to get used here - we're sticking with £.

Reply to
Martin