OT: Eating Crow....

"Royabulgaf" wrote

Hmmm . . . His administration lied in it's denial of genocide in Rwanda because the mere admission of same would force action to stop it. So, his lie didn't cause any American deaths, just what - 100,000 Rwandans?

What about the prevarications and evasions about Yugoslavia not being our problem, lies that allowed ethnic cleansing to continue unabated?

I guess you're right, only a bunch of Africans and Moslems. Nobodies.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

While members of the current administration were, indeed, taken in by Chalabi, in all honesty, the duping goes back much farther than the Bush administration. I directly argued against supporting Chalabi and the INC to Al Bore, the great white whale, Sandy Berger himself, and his NSC as of early 1998 (and indirectly for years before that). Even the opposition within Iraq under Saddam didn't want or trust him almost from the get-go.

My home page:

" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Apparently not since Bore, Berger, and the Clinton administration supported him to the hilt, literally throwing more money at him than he could spend, for years before the Bush administration took charge in 2001. As I said in an earlier post, I personally argued against Chalabi to Bore, Berger, and the NSC staff as far back as early 1998 as did my predecessor and my successor.

And, by the way, your "nobody died" sign-off is cute. Incorrect, but cute. I believe Al addressed the "nobody died" statement several days (if not a couple weeks) ago in great detail. You really need to keep up.

My home page:

" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Kurt,

Are you try>

Reply to
Ron

Do you want us to? Pakistan isn't in violation of UN resolutions calling for it to divest itself of WMD.

That's quite obvious.

We've tried. Either you can't comprehend the written word or you simply refuse to accept facts.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

So quityerbitchen already. You want us to do the UN's bidding, don't you?

What for? Those lands are the spoils of war, a war instigated by the Arabs for the sole purpose of destroying Israel.

Not likely since Isreal is our sole democratic ally in the Middle East. Well, maybe I should count Iraq now too.

And wake *me* up when we stop giving _Egypt_ billions of dollars a year...

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Why would the US want to attack the only country in the world that had the balls to take out Saddam's nuclear reactor at a time when they knew that the world would condemn them for such a dastardly act?

Hell, even Iran saw the sanity in it, that's one of the reasons that they followed up the IDF attack with one of their own.

Personally, wake me up when we arrange for an overthrow of the one major enemy of the US, the Saudis.

Oh, I forgot. Our president keeps telling us "We are not at war with the Moslem world. We are not at war with the Moslem world". Repeat over and over until you believe it.

Somebody needs to tell the Moslem world that we are not at war with them. They seem to think and act like we are.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

So, where was the UN?

So, wher was the UN?

So, where was the UN.

Let's add the continuing murderous Husein regime. How many innocents died under Bush the First and Clinton?

So, where was the UN? Aside from dragging their feet for, what, seven + years?

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Reply to
Rufus

Simple. He's a Democrat and they don't punish their own, just Republicans.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Ahhhh...the 'ole double standard...now I get it...

Reply to
Rufus

Just an aside.

Reply to
David Amos

I like to think I am abreast of things. The Chalabi thing was just a gentle dig at Al. He was the rednecks darling within the administration after all.

As for players hows this for a scenario in a few months time.

Iraqi Shias use their new freedom to freely elect a fundamentalist government and have closer ties with fellow Shia Iran and Kuwait, adding pressure to Saudi.

Kurds use their new freedom to agitate with Kurds in Iran and Turkey for their own state, destabilising the the area.....

Oh and someone in the CIA realises that the very expensive computing power of project Echelon has been made redundent. The terrorists have discovered postage stamps.

Where would we be without 'what if' and 'if only'

misappropriated

Reply to
David Amos

I was??? I didn't realize they even knew I existed. ;-p

Maybe. And the much-vaunted Arab Street (tm) may finally actually rise up someday....

Talk about lightning quick communications. We should only be so lucky.

Indeed.

Reply to
Al Superczynski
Reply to
Digital Cowboy

Good idea but I think you will find governments lean on software publishers to leave back doors in the software. Also they tend not to be using 486 SX16 processors these days! I used to have access to some forensic software, well obsolete by now, but suprising what it could pull off a wiped drive. Contrary to the public image, they are not stupid, difficult to believe, but true.

Reply to
David Amos

Bugger. I knew what I meant, just didnt explain it to my fingers.

Reply to
David Amos

Ah, so you think the US had some obligation to stop the Rwandan massacres? That's father than I'd go. Nor is it likely massive military intervention on our part would have minimized the bloodshed--mostl;y it would have shifted it around, and made it harder to get the American public behind incursions into Afghanistan and Iraq.

If we have valid interests to protect (clear in Afghanistan, by deleting as much Al Qaeda infrastructure as possible; less clear in Iraq, but still plausible), military intervention makes sense. Even in Yugoslavia, stability in a NATO hinterland makes intervention of plausible value, though it still amazes me how reluctant the Europeans were to clean up a mess in their own backyard.

Yeah, they are just a bunch of Africans, and they've been doing this to themselves (with or without German and Belgian encouragement) for a long time. We could make it our problem, and maybe they'd be kind enough to include us in their killing fields, but don't we already have enough people with which to fight?

So did Gore (or Clinton) kill anyone by lying? To descend into legalspeak, it depends what you mean by proximate cause, which has always been nothing more than common sense adulterated by public policy or political bias.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Reply to