OT: Eating Crow....

Remind me again what action Iraq took against the US, or is this a re-re-re-hash of the phoney reason for invading? Has there been a warming of relations between the middle towards the US?

Reply to
David Amos

The problem is that Iraq never admitted to having *binary* weapons to begin with. Do you really think they only made one?

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Not just war. Confrontation of any kind, unless it's with the US.....

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Well, Libya isn't exactly in the Middle East, but still.......

And you can bet that the current Iraqi government has a lot warmer relationship with the US than Saddam did.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

You would think place men would, but seems at least Chalabi has turned against you.

Reply to
David Amos

Or vice-versa. Is that the best you can do?

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Well, I can't believe something so simple can be made so complicated. Do you believe this was not a violation of the UN mandate against WMD or do you not?

Allow me to explain. It matters not in the UN mandate; 1 shell or 1 million shells. The mandate said Saddam could have NO WMD, not almost no WMD or only a little WMD, not almost no WMD or almost no WMD.

There just isn't any waffle room for "almost" in the mandate. The terms were NO WMD and one shell is not NO WMD.

As to the worth the cost; I guess you need to understand the details of southwest Asian politics and international terrorism to weigh the cost accurately.

Then. I suppose there are those that think nothing's worth fighting for. In a way, it reminds me of the comment of an old French lady interviewed on one of the WW-II History Channel programs. When asked about the D-Day landing and subsequent fighting, she complained about the damage to property incurred in the fighting and said something like "the cost of liberation was just too high." The "Better to live on your knees than to die on your feet" concept, I guess.

My home page:

" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

Reply to
Bill Woodier

You're spot-on with that comment, Kurt.

My home page:

" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

Reply to
Bill Woodier

I thhink you don't know or understand the actors working in Iraq's political chili bowl, David.

We don't (and never did) need Chalabi. He's a liar, a swindler, and a convicted criminal. He's a POS and his turning against us is not surprising since we've cut off his gravy train. Five years ago, when I was still Commander of the Iraq Task Force, I told the NSC that this guy was bad news and we needed to cut him loose but Al Bore and company still thought he was pretty and we continued to choke him with wads of our greenbacks.

Since the end of the Gulf War (the first one) the US funnelled millions of dollars into the coffers of his INC and; can you guess what we have to show for it? Well, they lived the good life in London for several years million dollar mansions and offices, cars, Saville Row suits, parties, food, etc but no training of men to go and oppose Saddam. No purchase of any weapons (aside from a pittance token arms buy), no underground movement against Saddam; nothing, nada, busters. In short, they did nothing toward the goal they were getting paid all that money to accomplish and simply stole and misappropriated all the money that was paid them. My home page:

" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Turn the whole place into a parking lot. Start at one beach and end at the other.

Reply to
Ajsandusky
Reply to
Digital Cowboy

I've been wondering what if Saddam didn't actually hide or move his weapons through Syria, like people speculate...but may have actually moved them to Libya.

Kadafi, seeing what was going on in Iraq says "hey...here's a chance to make myself look good", hands over a bunch of weapons that weren't his in the first place, proclaims to the world "look, I'm divesting for peace"...while weapons inspectors continue to find nothing in Iraq. And the rest is...as they say..."history".

Pure daydreaming...Tom Clancy better not go stealing this one from me...

Reply to
Rufus

Nor did they admit to attempting to purchase uranium ore from Niger, having mobile chemical labs, having chemical weapons issued to front line troops, etc. I see the neocon's golden boy, Achmed Chalabi, may soon be getting a broom handle enema in Abu Greib himself. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Richard Myers admits that the Bush Regime was duped by Chalabi. I guess there really is no honor among thieves. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

Didn't everyone but Shrubs Holy Warrior neocons figure that out, like, years ago? Kim M

When Clinton lied, nobody died.

Reply to
Royabulgaf

Why don't you come up with a new meme? I already disproved that one.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

OK, so all of a sudden you neocon "We don't need no steenkin' UN" types are doing the UN's bidding. Wake me up when you decide to invade Israel to remove them from the West Bank and Gaza. Hell, wake me up when we stop giving them billions per year.

Apropos of your D-day landing analogy. It would make sense if on D-Day we invaded Sweden instead of occupied France. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

Oh, you mean then that we are going to invade Pakistan, the country that sold WMDs to North Korea, Iran, Libya, etc? No, can't do that now, can we. Shrub says Pakistan is our most important non-NATO ally. This is too complicated for me, maybe you could simplify this.

Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

While I obviously agree with you in general I have to take exception to this statement. All Americans have an absolute right to voice their opinions. No matter how misinformed they may be.....

Reply to
Al Superczynski
Reply to
Digital Cowboy