OT: Something to make you Smile ;-)

Hi All,

Today in the UK is 'National Smile Week' and so my local paper (Evening News), provided us with some laughs and I've listed the aviation/military ones below, though you may have heard before:

Pilot Complaints:

P = Problem logged by pilot. S = Solution & action recorded by engineers.

P: Left inside main tyre almost needs replacement. S: Almost replaced left inside main tyre.

P: Test flight OK, except autoland very rough. S: Autoland not installed on this aircraft.

P: Something loose in cockpit. S: Something tightened in cockpit.

P: Dead bugs on windshield. S: Live bugs on backorder.

P: Autopilot in altitude-hold mode produces a 200-fpm descent. S: Cannot reproduce problem on the ground.

P: Evidence of leak on right main landing gear. S: Evidence removed.

P: DME volume unbelievably loud. S: DME volume set to more believable level.

Military Warnings (Genuine warnings written on military equipment & publications) :

"If you see a bomb technician running, try to keep up with him." - USA Ammo Troop

"Aim towards the enemy" - Istruction printed on US rocket launcher.

"When the pin is pulled, Mr Grenade is not our friend." - US Army.

"Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground." - USAF Ammo Troop.

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal.

This last lot relates to questions asked in Court, but just as good:

Q: What is your date of birth? A: July 15th. Q: What year? A: Every year. (An old one but I still like it).

Q: Do you know if you're daughter has ever been involved in the voodoo or occult? A: We both do. Q: Voodo? A: We do. Q: You do? A: Yes, voodoo.

Q: Doctor, how many autopsies have you performed on dead people? A: All my autopsies are performed on dead people.

Q: All your responses must be oral, OK? What school did you go to? A: Oral.

Q: Do you recall the time that you examined the body? A: The autopsy started around 8.30pm. Q: And Mr Dennington was dead at the time? A: No, he was sitting on the table wondering why I was doing an autopsy.

This is my favourite: Q: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse? A: No. Q: Did you check for blood pressure? A: No. Q: Did you check for breathing? A: No. Q: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy? A: No. Q: How can you be so sure, Doctor? A: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar. Q: But could the patient have still been alive nevertheless? A: It is possible that he could have been alive and practising law somewhere.

A good "National Smile Week" to all ))))))

Cheers, Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Leslie

One more oldie, from the newsletter of the USS Samuel B. Roberts:

Q: Captain, how often does a little ship like this sink? A: Usually just once.

Reply to
Joe Jefferson
Reply to
Digital Cowboy

Love the last one, Thanks

JC Hayes

Reply to
JC

">

Mines as well...those f**king Kit Carson Scouts were all ways turning them around the other way.. but that is probably another piece of military history better left where it died. Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

Thanks for the replies and in relation to the Pilot Complaints, they all come from Quantas, the only major airline that has never had an accident.

Cheers, Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Leslie

in article ySjqc.11602$J snipped-for-privacy@front-1.news.blueyonder.co.uk, Stephen Leslie at snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk wrote on 18/5/04 9:32:

Yet.

Reply to
Rory Manton

Reply to
the Legend of LAX

Hi Dale,

Thanks for the info but I was just quoting from the paper, seeing as I am not a globe-trotter or civil airline modeller, yet ;-)

Reply to
Stephen Leslie

Reply to
the Legend of LAX

I would definitely NOT flying with them then! Probabilities you see...

Pavlos

Ï "Stephen Leslie" Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá news:ySjqc.11602$J snipped-for-privacy@front-1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
Reply to
p.o.

Reply to
the Legend of LAX

Mayksh shensh to me! :) And there ain't nuthin' wrong with the Flying 'Roo, mates.

RobG

the Legend of LAX wrote

Reply to
Rob Grinberg