OT: Ebay seller shipping statement - Is he for real?

he is stating that a magazine cannot be shipped via media mail because the post office says you can't ship anything that way that has ads in it.

In this case its a 60+ year old magazine that has ads.

Its a mag that interests me and the price is right, even with the shipping, but I've never heard this statement before.

What you think?

Craig

Musicman59

Musicman59 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@w30g2000yqw.googlegroups.com:

While technically true I think any advertising in that mag would be well, well past it's expiration date, meaning not an actual ad anymore. If it's

60 years old I rather doubt any ad in the mag would be honored, making it kinda moot. Of course gummint intelligence levels being what they are...
Reply to
Gray Ghost

Its printed matter so something else is going on between him and the postmaster.

I wouldn't bother with the cost difference for media mail and say express mail or whatever it is. I'd be more concerned it not show up folded in fourths and water soaked.

Reply to
frank

I agree about the cost difference. I ship a lot of stuff media mail, and always have to check first class vs media rate, because depending on weight and zip, first class may be cheaper. Problem is with media mail there are fewer weight catagories. Pack very light and first class may be cheaper.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

He not kidding. And I thought it was funny at first.

Content (373.2.0) Section divider line

Generally used for books (at least eight pages), film (16 mm or narrower), pr> frank wrote:

Reply to
FalconGuy

Reply to
eyeball

I've received as well as mailed a number of books & mags. If I mail it media mail, no one has ever asked details of what it is, tho it's pretty clear that it's some form of printed matter. I get a quite a few DVDs & CDs media mail, too. They have ads & no one seems to care.

Reply to
frank

I don't think they do, but I do think it was a nice story told so no one would question the seller's high rates.

Reply to
eyeball

received as well as mailed a number of books & mags. If I

yeah, kinda leaves the buyer with no recourse. So I will look elsewhere.

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59