OT Kill Bill???

Hi Guys, My 13 year old made a comment that he would like to see Kill Bill. I know it has over the top violence but does it have any nudity?

Back O/T Maybe someone will make a garage kit..

Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
Max Bryant

Sure tons of naked blades and raw bleeding flesh. That'll give the little gaffer a really good outlook on life.

Reply to
Jeff C

Kill Bill's violence is more cartoony- almost Monty Pythonish. (think ridiculously gushing blood)

As for sex and nudity- not one bit. There's a rather uncomfy moment in Vol 1 regarding the abuse the bride suffered during her coma. Lots of harsh language though.

Vol 2's more of the same. There's a scene in a strip club- but I don't recall seeing any hooters. :P

Sat

Reply to
Saturn S. Padua

Just to confirm: Does this imply you'd rather have your 13-year old viewing people hacking each other to death with blood spewing in all directions than seeing an exposed breast or something?

Maybe it's just me, but I've always found something more wholesome and fulfilling in scenes of two people loving and caring for each other (clothed or not) than in scenes of vigilante disembowelment and the accompanying viscera. No question which one I'd rather have my daughters view.

Reply to
Scott T. Hards

Well said, Scott.

Charles Metz

-------------------------------------

Scott T. Hards wrote:

Reply to
Charles Metz

I agree, don't have any objections with nudity. However slicing another human being into thin pieces because it's cool, I DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Jose.

Reply to
Jose Altube

I'm with you, Scott. Personally, I think Tarantino needs to be institutionalised.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Nice to know that I'm not the only one who feels that those who send their kids happilly to watch blood and gore but freak out at the thought of an errant nipple being seen are morally bankrupt.

Perhaps (and hopefully) the original poster never mant that.

Let's see: Janet Jackson (at least now we know she and Michael are not one and the same) bares a breast for about one second at the superbowl. Reaction reaches a frenzy the political and "moral" talking heads.

Gibson follows up on his career of some of the most graphicly violent films by doing the same to Christ. One of the most moving religious experiences in decades. It can't hurt that it also trashes the Jews at the same time.

Sometimes I really wonder what could possibly make some people tick. Usually I could care less, but they seem to want to make me over in their image.

Screw them.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

I'm disinclined to believe either is fit fare for 13-year-olds. And if you really want to institutionalize Tarantino, you better establish one damned large institution, because he will have a lot of company, not to mention the space necessary for the attending Secret Service agents. I could send a you a list of recommendations, but I don't think there's enough bandwidth.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Me too. I'd expose my kids to explicit sex over wanton violence every time if I had to make that choice.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Not all Jews, just the good ol' boys in the Sanhedrin who were scared poopless of the thought of possibly losing their power. Note that the actress who played Christ's mother was Jewish herself. And yes, it was very moving.......

The Old Timer

Hi Scott, Only implied if you make it seem implied. I knew sooner or later this would be thrown at me in this thread where all I asked was, "was there any nudity." I am very open minded and do not need to explain myself.

Thanks to all who answered the question without trying to read anything between the lines or getting preachy.

Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
Max Bryant

He is odd but Pulp Fiction is a superb film

Reply to
Martin (Please note spammers email address used)

Amazing isn't it.

You note the obvious about the movie and ask a simple question but, rather take it at face value, someone has to take the opportunity to ram thier self-righteous morals down your throat. If they want to take the moral high ground tell them to sell of their scale tributes to machines of death and go harass some each other.

I haven't seen either movie but believe there is no nudity in it.

Reply to
The Raven

No nudity - but it does have Uma Thurman in yellow bike leathers... And I love the bit with the last little Ninja - an absolute classic

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Inadvertantly posted this while editing....

Amazing isn't it. You note the inherent violence in the movie and ask a simple question about nudity but, rather than take it at face value, others have to ram thier self-righteous moralistic crap down your throat while questioning your own morals (which you have yet to voice). If they are that concerned they should be out protesting in front of the cinema than taking cheap shots at you.

You asked a simple question. You didn't ask for a moral judgement. Your choice to see it or not, not mine and not theirs.

For the record, I haven't seen either movie but I've been told there is no nudity in it.

Reply to
The Raven

Vol 1 doesn't, but it does have a particulary nasty situation in which women in coma are being sold for sex by the orderly...ensuing violence puts a stop to the actual sex...

I suppose I could say that for the whole of the movie (Vol 1) - there are some graphic suggestions of sex, but no graphic depictions. No actual nudity at all, as I recall. But some seriously "adult" situations.

Have yet to see Vol 2.

Reply to
Rufus

I thought Uma Thurman, not being particularly attractive - and bone skinny, made a very convincing 4-year coma victim...though I did have to suspend belief to accept that she couldn't walk, but had enough upper body strength to overcome an attacker AND use a wheelchair...

Reply to
Rufus

Um, as were the original cast.

The "Not all Jews" part is lost on the Christian lunatic fringe. Many profess that the modern day Jews bear the full brunt of the act. That is the attitude that lead to the Holocaust and worldwide anti-Semitism in general, which has been on a violent upswing for the last ten years.

Gibson's father is the leader of a group which claims to be Catholic, but not when it comes to the Vatican rulings absolving the Jews. Their message is hatred and intollerance.

As to the movie being moving (pun opening ?), I was disgusted by by the intense violence, but found the Resurection to be moving. After all, that is the bottom line of the entire experience.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

You mean you didn't dig the scene where Uma Thurman slices the top of Lucy Lu's head off and Lucy comments on what a nice sword Uma has before collapsing???

Bill Shuey :-)

Reply to
William H. Shuey