OT Kill Bill???

That was a messed up scene...you see the hair fly, then there stands Lucy with her head still intact...and speaking. Then she falls. At first I thought Uma cut her whole head off, then...

And I'm still trying to figure out where Uma cut her before she appologised...

Reply to
Rufus

from interviews, lucy has a brain container for rent anyway.

"Maiesm72" wrote

You know why it's there, don't you Tom? It's not about realism at all.

I don't really care how violent the movie is. I knew what a scourge was and fully understood what a scourging would cause. The whole thing reminded me of "Platoon", when people where leaving the theaters in tears - "I didn't know war was that bad" - being an actual quote. I just wrote the fuss off as typical soft-headed gurgling. Then I heard a couple of different conversations at work that ran to a common theme: "No _man_ could've withstood that beating." Ah, that's it. By making it as brutal as possible, it sends the message that, "Jesus must have been the son of God because [everyone knows] that was the worst pain anyone on this Earth has ever endured - and he stayed alive! That _proves_ he was divine!"

The worst pain ever? I'll bet there are millions of souls who would beg to differ. And are we now measuring piety on a scale of torment? I imagine then there must be a lot of Jews, Aztecs, Armenians, Animists, atheists, and various other non-Christians lined up on God's right arm.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Yeah - she's not on my list of favs, either.

Reply to
Rufus

now that drew could chop my karate...

I find her one of those famous that are very nice to look at from some angles, and fairly ordinary from others - can't think of any more right now, but there are a few.

- and bone

Yeah, gotta agree with you there - but Tarantino's movies are all about suspension of disbelief, aren't they?

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Nah, I tend more towards the leggy blonde sorta thing - Cammy Diaz would do for me. Maybe we should go cruising for chicks together - there'd be no conflict.

RobG

e wrote

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

she does have a nice tush...great scene in that awfull sweetest thing movie. even with christina's help, that one stank.

I haven't seen the movie, nor am I likely to, but this depends on why she couldn't walk. Was it for simple lack of strength, or because she was partially paralysed (not unlikely after coma)? I know a few people without functional legs, and the strength of their arms is something to be rekoned (sp?) with, because those arms are used to taking on the workload normally spread between arms and legs.

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

I was upset, not exactly the right word but close enough, by the violence myself. (I wound up borrowing Kleenexes from my wife) I realized after seeing the movie that too often, I was wearing Peter's shoes, in my denials. With His help, no more.

As to the rest of your post, unfortunately you are probably 100% correct. That lunatic fringe has been with us for centuries and doesn't show signs of going away any time soon. It's up to the non-loonies to try to lead by example, I guess, like that'll ever happen!

Via con Dios!

The Old Timer

She'd been shot in the head and had spent four years in a coma. That'd do it for muscle wasting, I'd guess.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Just saw Vol 2. Nowhere near as violent as Vol 1, with a really bittersweet ending. If you've seen 1, you need to see 2. It will all make a lot more sense. And I flipped over Cam when she came onscreen in 'The Mask' - yeoooww - that red dress! Unfortunately, I was married at the time and couldn't comment...

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

I don't remember the source and I'll have to paraphraze:

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

I'm sure someone here will know source and prcise wording.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Diaz looked better as a cartoon in Shrek than she does in real life, IMO...go figure...

Reply to
Rufus

Biggest problem I'd think is that after being in a coma for four years, nothing would work (upper or lower body) just due to general muscle atrophy from dis-useage...got some first hand experiance there. Broke my jaw and had it immobilized for just a month...the doc had to pry my mouth open.

Reply to
Rufus

I think it's: "the only thing nessecary for the triumph of evil is for good men to stand by and do nothing". But the intent is clear in either instance.

Then there's the harder question - what IS "good"?...saw a documentary report on TV last night on a whole town in Texas that went on a modern day witch hunt (litterally - blamed it on a satanic cult) over the dissapearance of a teenage girl. Ruined quite a number of lives and reputations in the name of "good vs evil" before cooler heads stepped in and prevailed. And the girl is STILL missing after 12 years...

Reply to
Rufus

rufus, yer otta yer mind.

I am amazed at the fact that there are 40 replies to my stupid little question about Kill Bill. Granted only about 6 are about the movie and only

3 of those are giving a direct unbiased answer.

When I asked for info about the ICM 1/48 P-51D a few weeks back, I got ZERO REPLIES!

Go Figure....

Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
Max Bryant

the icm il2 is fine.

Maybe I've been in the desert too long...

...but actually, I prefer dark haired women.

Reply to
Rufus