Airfix 1914 Old Bill Bus

Right, time to pick a few brains.

I'm in the mood to build the Airfix 1914 Old Bill Bus, but I'm to mean to fork out for the "1914 Old Bill Bus" issue. I know that some issues of the 1910 B Type Bus had parts for both versions, but I don't know which ones. Can anyone shed any light?

Spudgun

Reply to
Spudgun

Only the earliest releases of this kit had the army parts included. Later boxings have just the civillian parts. Anything later than about a Type 4 box is civillian only.

John

Reply to
John Walker

I bought these back in the late 60s - as I remember the civilian version and army version were boxed separately each with an appropriate picture on the cover. The army version came with card board simulated boards that were attached to the sides as protection for the troops. Names of various units and patriotic slogans were chalked on the boards. These didn't look realistic at all and were best replaced with planks cut from balsa with more realistic bullet holes and inscriptions - some more faded than others. I never built the kit as I kept waiting for a set of WW I Brits in action poses to make a diorama. Where there other parts except this card board that were unique.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut