Re: bill b and train guys

Well that explains the railcar. It wasn't a PCC car at all. I don't see the Bullet listed in the roster at all. Perhaps it was just visiting.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

one of the lrv's is diesel powered and has driveshafts. they are truly awesome sized!

Uh, yeah. The website ID'd the Remington piece as a Mack railbus. Most rr diesels in the US use electric transmissions. SP experimented for awhile with hydraulics, based on the German Krauss-Maffeis they purchased. Unfortunately a disabled hydraulic can stop a train where a standard engine can be pulled along without inhibiting movement. I think the experiments lasted most of the 1960s.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Patrick McGinniss was a controversial president whilst at the NH and he made changes that ultimately proved unwise. He did foster a neat paint scheme, however. You might have seen his work on the B&M too.

Museums usually aren't too interested in unsupervised visitors climbing into the machinery. It's hard on the insurances when somebody falls and blames them. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

yeah, can't blame the. the guide was cool about it and let me get closer than normal. it was ok if i climbed on an engine to get angles. if i could have found my other ram card, i would have had more pics. next time.