OT: Lost my friend, my dog

Almost a year ago, my wife and I lost "Spot" (use name rather than what appears on her registration papers.) Still have to stop myself sometimes (plates go on the coffee table or dishwasher rather than the floor.)

Drives up to my mother's house are a lot easier. Towards the end, Spot would not settle down on road trips (possibly car sick but no upchucks) and the time in the car was pure hatch-e-dobule-hockey-sticks.

Probably won't get another animal until my wife retires. Sort of dreading that because she wants a boxer, and the house is fox terrier sized. Anyone hear of a minature boxer?

Reply to
byrocat

yes Prince Nasseem Hamed

Reply to
Jules

Hamed? wrong boxer breed (fetherweight), possibly a smarter breed too! GD&R

NO, some time ago, I was out on a late-night run when I passed what looked like either the most well-behaved boxer pup that I've ever seen which didn't look ungainly or it was a real miniature boxer.

Not a AKC, CKC or UKC registered breed, so must have been a super well-behaved pup.

Still looking around.

Reply to
byrocat

Know how you feel. It'll get better as time goes on. Had quite a few dogs in my lifetime. Still think about them from time to time.

Had my one cat for about7 years and recently he had failing health, lost weight, wouldn't eat and throwing up. Took him the vets last Mon and was given some medication which didn't help at all so back to the vets on Thur for x-rays. Found out that he had a 4 inch piece of a big dog flea collar in his stomach that he probably had for years and it shifted to block his intestinal track. $675 for a operation fixed the problem and he is on the mend. Didn't want to see my bud go up the glory road at such a "young" age.

Reply to
Prof. Plastic

Had a freaky event happen not long ago. One evening Mr. Peanut (Mom's cat) was manning his watch post (the drop-leaf table in front of the window) when he goes rigid and stares out the window. I got curious and looked over his shoulder. Outside, looking up at us was a black cat with the same colour yellow eyes that Phooey had. Gave me a shiver, since it was nighttime but I've seen the same cat since in daylight.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller