OT Pat Robertson whO?

Guy's. this man is over the edge. But He does raise a couple of nasty points. What scares the hell out of me is where the points he makes came from.

Reply to
ARMDCAV

Wake me up when HE'S sent off to Gitmo without charge and held incommunicado. Kim M

Operation American Freedom-Where is OUR regime change.

Reply to
Royabulgaf

Wake me up when you recognize that Al Qaeda wants to kill *all* Americans regardless of political persuasion. That includes you and your loved ones as well as me and mine....

Reply to
Al Superczynski

What a sorry state of affairs. This administration is breaking all of our most cherished traditions of human rights, constitutional protections and yes, dare I say it, our basic freedoms.

And this on top of a serious economic meltdown.

And there is nothing, nada, we can do to stop them until November 2004, come the next election. I hope the American people really wake up to the fact that choosing a President is a darn serious business, and to blissfully nominate and elect a total idiot is a recipe for disaster. I hold all GOP conservatives accountable for continuing to back this failed government and failed President.

This mean you all, since by and large most modelers (and military servicemen) voted for this clown.

Bill Clinton sure is looking more and more like one of the best Presidents ever. This view I have always held, even in the midst of all that Monica hysteria. More proof could hardly be evident given the facts of the last three dreadful years.

We must fire Bush in 2004, preferably in a landslide, so that the message is clear to all future politicians. "Don't mess with our basic freedoms and way of life." To do so means Al Queda is winning. Bush, Rumsfeld, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Powell, Rice .... fire them all ...... never in my life have we been under the thumb of such an evil (and incompetent) pack of scoundrels.

Vess Irvine Estes Park, Colorado

"Bush was born on 3rd base, so he thinks he has hit a triple!" So true.

incommunicado.

Reply to
Vess Irvine

I didn't realise this was a US newsgroup... how about 'most modellers (sic) aren't eligible to vote in US elections'?

not a political dig, FWIW, I share your views on Bush. However, this ain't the place for them. Time to put a filter on 'Pat Robertson' in the subject, I think.

Reply to
Tim Vincent

It isn't.

Capital idea, old chap! You should probably do so immediately if you haven't already.....

Reply to
Al Superczynski

government and

Well, bully for you; I'm now quaking in my boots.

You don't even speak for all liberals, much less all Americans, and whether or not this is a 'failed' administration is most certainly a matter of opinion. Fortunately yours is worth no more than mine.

You can't possibly know that most (American) modelers voted for Bush. He did lose the popular vote, after all. You can't even know for sure that most service *members* (there are women in the service, too) voted for him although that's a much better bet.

Or the worst, depending on one's point of view. Personally I think he's somewhere in-between. We've had worse and we've most certainly had better - he hardly ranks with those like Lincoln, Jefferson, and Truman.

It wasn't about Monica.

Such as? Remember, you said 'facts' - not opinion.

Al Qaeda will win if such as you wind up dominating American politics, i.e. Americans that refuse to recognize that we have a common enemy that is threatening our very existence. Al Qaeda won't ask if you're liberal or conservative before they kill you; all they care about is whether or not you're an American. Do you really think that everybody in the WTC were conservatives?

As you say, you'll have that opportunity next year. If the Democrats could come up with a candidate willing to effectively and vigorously prosecute the GWOT and cut the ever-growing federal spending spree he/she just might get my vote. I don't see much hope among the current crop of nine (formerly ten) dwarfs, though. Ain't democracy grand?

incompetent) pack of

You, sir, refuse to recognize *true* evil when it stares you in the face. 9-11 was true evil and al Qaeda has promised more of the same.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

What makes this time seem so bad is because "your President" didn't do his job in the eight years he was in office.The best part with this President is that he doesn't make decisions based on opinion poles.That is a sign of a man that knows what needs to be done and isn't afraid to do it.If Clinton was President during the 1980's instead of Reagan,the USSR would be alive and well today. If you hold my party,my President,and myself accountable for what is happening today,then I hold YOU,YOUR PARTY,AND YOUR PRESIDENT ACCOUNTABLE FOR WHAT HAPPENED SEPTEMBER 11,2001.

Reply to
33473

Would you care to enumerate? If you want to see personal liberties go by the wayside then elect a liberal democrat to the presidency. Wanna take a trip? Better file your plans and get approval from the federal travel office. How's that for starters? Heaven only know what Al Gore would have done or attempted to do by now.

Meltdown? Things did seem to slow down after 9-11 but to call it a meltdown is quite an exaggeration. If anything is serious it is the mischaracterization you have given it by calling it a meltdown.

I get the feeling that you've not gotten over November 2000. You still think Mr Bush didn't win when every recount completed shows he did. And if you're so concerned with personal liberties you had better hope that the electoral college never goes away. Without it a candidate who wins big in California and New York but loses in the other 48 would nonetheless be elected to the presidency. Colorado, of course, would be one of those states passed over. Just see where your personal freedoms go then.

Doesn't take long for a liberal such as yourself to resort to name-calling. You've run out of arguments so bring on the name-calling. And by association I suppose you're calling military servicemen and women and modelers clowns. When will you learn that name-calling will get you nowhere?

Mr Clinton had his opportunities to deal with bin Laden but refused to do his duty. No doubt the plans to attack the WTC could have quite possibly been foiled had Mr. Clinton not been asleep. But he was too busy partying and chasing the girls. Do you know how many people would refuse to leave their daughter along with the former president?

But everyone knows now that character does indeed count and that Bill Clinton has none whatsoever.

I might add also that no one has yet to uncover the legislation, put forth by Bill Clinton, that led to all that prosperity in the 1990s. On the contrary, that prosperity was the continuing growth that began in the early 1980s when Ronald Reagan reduced tax rates. As for those deficits in the 1980s they were voted in by a democrat Congress. Did you know that federal tax revenues actually went up during the Reagan years (500B to 950B)? But the liberals tell us Reagan reduced taxes! Don't you know that spending will always be a functioin of Congressional action? As Tip O'Neil always said, "The Reagan budgets are always DOA on Capital Hill".

I hope Mr Bush will play "possum" thereby enticing Hilliary to run. I must say she could make it interesting but would lose resoundlingly.

There you go again with the name-calling. You're doing that because you can't appeal to the facts - you know you're wrong so you turn to name-calling.

The reason you hate Mr Bush is because he is a good, honest and decent person and you can't stand him for that. You know that come hell or high water he's going to do what is right and you hate him for it.

Ask for and get your liberal democratic president and watch this nation be led by opinion polls and consensus. Margaret Thatcher once said. "Consensus is the absence of leadership". George Bush will lead and do what is right and amazingly you hate leadership and hate Mr Bush for leading.

WR

Reply to
WR

What makes this time seem so bad is because "your President" didn't do his job in the eight years he was in office.The best part with this President is that he doesn't make decisions based on opinion poles.That is a sign of a man that knows what needs to be done and isn't afraid to do it.If Clinton was President during the 1980's instead of Reagan,the USSR would be alive and well today. If you hold my party,my President,and myself accountable for what is happening today,then I hold YOU,YOUR PARTY,AND YOUR PRESIDENT ACCOUNTABLE FOR WHAT HAPPENED SEPTEMBER 11,2001.

Reply to
33473

So be it. The lines are drawn. Debate is over. I hope to smash you politics in 2004. .../V

Reply to
Vess Irvine

If Al Gore was President, our troops would not be in Iraq. Simple.

Yes, now I will resort to name calling. It has become so serious, the failures of the administration are so obvious, I will do anything (legal) to see Bush fired. If it means stepping on your toes, so be it .... /V

Reply to
Vess Irvine

clueless agaenda snipped...

yawn. sniffle. wheeze.

They probably wouldn't be in Afghanistan either, and al Qaeda would be basically intact. We'd have gotten instead a few rounds of 'Kumbaya' and a criminal investigation such as that which Clinton launched after the first WTC bombing.

That's why I prefer Bush, warts and all, to any of the current crop of Democratic presidential candidates. The party of JFK has descended into a morass of spineless insipidness.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

"Vess Irvine" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

I put my hope and faith in your hands.

Reply to
Bassie Adriaensen

Come to western New York and look around. The politicians (both sides) had put this area into serious economic chaos. We have a bank here, used to be called Marine Trust Company, then Marine Midland. It was founded in Buffalo, back int the 1870s, IIRC. Anyway, the politicians allowed it to be sold and its now the HSBC (Hong Kong-Shanghai Banking Corp.) Take a look on the map to see where those cities are located. My niece works/worked there. This past Spring, they quietly announced to the employees (but not publicly yet) that all operations and record-keeping will be transferred to India. NAFTA (which that idiot Clinton signed, but was set up by GHW Bush and Ronnie Reagan) has ruined this area economically, and there's a growing thought that it was set up strictly to destroy the Labor Union movement. In the process, its wrecked the economy here. Downtown Buffalo looks like a ghost town with one empty building after another. Things were bad during the 1990s, but they've become a hell of a lot worse since Shrub got in.

The Old Timer

And CA wonders why they have a budget problem......they feed, subsidize, educate, hospitalize and now issue drivers licenses to illegals......DUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHH.........a bus ticket back to Tiajuana is much cheaper guys.

Wasn't it Put>

Reply to
Ron

Yep and quite a few of us bitched to our reps, etc......driving is a PRIVILEGE, not a right!!! You ain't legal, you have no rights let alone privileges!!!!

And as both my grandfathers used to say, "Get off your lazy ass and learn English damnit! I did!!!!"

Steve wrote:

Reply to
Ron