OT: Rat Patrol on DVD 1/31

and how many of us old farts built the cheesy model several times over..... that kit had great box art.
Craig
(Amazon.com product link shortened)38204378/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-0348731-6905459?s=dvd&v=glance&n0

snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote in

Yes but having caught an episode later in life, EEESH! So cool for a kid, so I don't know what for an adult.
Frank

I can only recall one episode and that was from syndication on a blurry UHF channel in the mid 70s. I thought it was the coolest - the Germans and the Rats joined forces to rescue a Bedouin Jessica McClure from one of the watering holes. All these years I've had it in my mind how cool it will be to revisit that episode and finally get to check out the entire series...
... And then I got to see an episode last year. Ed Asner as a German medic - stop tape! Eject. I thought it better to stop there and leave the memory of the Bedouin child episode 30 years in the past and with a smile.
Definitely kid's play, but I'd prefer my kids (if I had any) to watch RP than some of the crap that passes for children's entertainment these days. As for the adults, I've caught an episode of "Combat!" here and there over the years - it has held up rather well over time. Especially for a 60s era TV production.
WmB

unlike the 12oclock high and other quin martin crapfests. i've revicted several and regret ruining teenage memories. 12oclock high was especially heinous....
I thought "The Rat Patrol" had one of the coolest theme songs of any TV show in the '60s era.
The music CD "Television's Greatest Hits, Vol.2: From the 50's and 60's" has "The Rat Patrol" and the "12 O'clock High" theme songs on it.
You can listen to these music clips at: (Amazon.com product link shortened)
Martin
The Collector wrote:

Weird thought popped in my head: The Rat Pack in "The Rat Patrol"
Frank, Dean, and Sammy do a swinging version of the theme.
--
-Jack

south park has them well placed....